ComaCARE Trust Is a non-governmental initiative which acts to prevent head injuries and supports survivors of brain injuries, most of whom are young men between the ages of 17 and 35 and their families. Originally based in Groote Schuur Hospital it has a new service in Khayelitsha.
ComaCARE seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in Western Cape.
The post is funded by the Provincial Government of the Western Cape, Department of Social Development Disability Unit. The contract is renewable as funding is available.
- Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Social Work
- Minimum of IsiXhosa and English language skills
- Valid code B/EB driver’s license
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) as Social Worker and proof of payment of registration for the current year
- Appropriate knowledge and experience in Trauma, Mental Health care and psychosocial rehabilitation
- Counselling skills and experience
- Computer Literacy
- Strong emphasis on a developmental approach and community outreach skills
- Initiative and the ability to think creatively
To apply, submit a CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about ComaCARE Trust, refer to www.comacare.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies