LifeLine Ekurhuleni is a leading provider of personal skills development and the promotion of emotional wellness for the healing and transformation of individuals and communities in Ekurhuleni. As a community-based, civil society organisation, whose core counselling and victim empowerment services are provided by volunteers, LifeLine involves the community at large and its resources to achieve its objectives.
LifeLine Ekurhuleni seeks to appoint Senior Social Worker / Project Coordinator, based at the Ikhaya Lethemba in Braamfontein.
The purpose of the position is to ensure both the adult and child residents of the Ikhaya Lethemba Shelter receive optimal care and holistic psychosocial support from the LifeLine team, as well as enhancing the knowledge of gender-based violence and human trafficking issues and their impact amongst individuals, families and communities.
- Coordinate and monitor the LifeLine services and team
- Provide psychosocial support
- Plan, organise, mobilise for and evaluating community development activities
- Network, advocacy and linking with diverse stakeholders
- General administration
- A four year Bachelors or Honours Degree in Social Work
- Registration with the SACSSP
- Minimum of five years’ therapeutic experience within the NGO sector
- Extensive experience in recruitment and management of both staff and volunteer teams
- Knowledge of VEP practices and the relevant legislation
- A valid Code 8 (EB) driver’s license
- Proficiency in the use of computers for spreadsheets, reporting, email and internet
- Strong, persuasive written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines over long periods
- Organisational skills, with a thorough attention to detail
- A flexible approach to working hours and duties
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Further correspondence will only be entered into with candidates under consideration for the position.
Should you not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about LifeLine Ekurhuleni, refer to www.lifeline.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies