Centre for Positive Care
The Centre for Positive Care (CPC) is a Limpopo based NGO operating in three provinces namely Limpopo, Gauteng and North West, with a vision that all sex workers receive high quality treatment, care and support proving their quality of life and productivity, it even supporting the National Strategic Plan of South Africa in reducing HIV, STI and TB ensuring greater participation and involvement of targeted beneficiaries in community systems strengthening and reproductive health and rights services.
CPC seeks to appoint one (1) professional Nurse who will be working in Bojanala District North West Province; reporting to programme Manager.
- Grade 12, National Diploma / Degree in general nursing, community science
- Registration with the SANC as a professional Nurse
- Nim ART trained
- HIV/AIDS, STI and TB trained
- 5 Years’ Experience in nursing
- Computer Literacy
- A Valid Driver’s License C1
- Dispensing Certificate will serve as an added advantage
Role and responsibilities:
- Preparation of outreach visits, ordering and control of stock
- Give health talks on STI, TB & HCT prevention and Screening of HCT, TB and STI
- Facilitate the optimal of assess, examine and diagnose patients clinical condition
- Work with Nurses and counselors to ensure high quality counseling is provided to clients
- Ensure that the client’s information is accurately collected, maintained and responsible for keeping confidential information of the clients and maintaining confidentiality at all time.
- Proper referrals for all clients tested positive and suspects cases for TB and STI
- Report writing, coordinating interaction with Primary Health Care clinics and the appropriate referral of patience.
- Analysing symptoms and conducting specific examinations or conducting tests and physical assessments
- Interpreting or seeking clarity from clinical supervisor on specific test results and providing clients with an explanation on treatment sequence according to protocol, policy and guidelines.
- Making a Nursing diagnosis according to protocol and guidelines
- Prescribing/ administering the necessary medication/drugs in required dosage to control infection in line with policy guideline
- Implementing and integrating policy and programmes relating to PHC – women’s health, SRH, HTS, TB screening
- Consulting and managing HIV positive clients with opportunistic infection according to policy, protocol and guidelines – referring appropriately.
- Attending to Trauma and medical emergencies according to protocol, policies and Guidelines
- Attending to referrals from peer educators and Attending to follow up ART clients
- Forming support group for key population clients
Personal Attributes and skills
- Be a matured and ethical individual with high personal standards of trustworthy, honesty and accountable
- Be able and willing to occasionally travel
- Have excellent report writing skills
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- Have passion to work with young adults
- Be able to work both alone and in teams
Closing date: Friday 15 June 2018 at 16:30 PM, if you should not receive any response to your application from CPC within one (1) month of this advert please consider your application as being unsuccessful. No later application will be considered after the closing date. To apply: If you are interested in this position, please quote the source of this advertisement in your application letter and send your application letter, CV, certified copies of qualifications to: Administration Officer, Centre for Positive Care, PO Box 817, SIBASA, 0970 or e-mail: email@example.com for inquiries contact Lufuno Portia Mbedzi to (Tell: 0159632012 or 076 550 6280)
Location: North West Province (Bojanala District)