Conservation South Africa
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development—one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human wellbeing.
CSA’s Meat Naturally Initiative (MNI) combines restoration best practice, job creation, market access and land stewardship to enable restoration and sustainable farming at scale within a semiarid biodiversity hotspot.
Currently Conservation South Africa is seeking the services of a service provider to provide Governance Training to 24 management committee members of four farmer-based organizations representing communal livestock farmers.
Present training to the management of 4 farmer based organisations in the Kamiesberg Region, comprising of 6 people from each organisation’s management committees (Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer) ; 24 persons in all, on the following:
- Democratic processes in the context of community-based organizations
- Good organizational management
- Conflict resolution
- Basics of NPO code of conduct
- The training should contain both theory, practical examples and work sessions
- The training should be presented at the level of persons with some high school education
- Training must be in Afrikaans and training materials in Afrikaans should be provided
- Training must include evaluation on each module in a non-test format
- Training must include an evaluation mechanism which organizations could use to track their good governance performance over time.
- The service provider must use the above information to develop a training program curriculum and submit the training program to CSA for review and approval.
- Training will take place at Kamieskroon.
Please include the following information in the quotation:
- Development of a training program curriculum
- Facilitation costs
- Travel costs (meals, accommodation and travel)
- Training report
- 19 June: Curriculum presented for input
- 21 June: Curriculum finalized
- 26 June: training presented
- 30 June: Training report submitted
To apply, submit your quotation to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 'Governance Training' in the subject line by the 12 June 2018. Your quotations must include training day per person rate and any other additional costs, e.g. transport and accommodation.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Candidates who have received no response within 14 days of the closing should kindly assume that their quotations were not successful.
For more about Conservation South Africa, refer to www.conservation.org
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other