TEARS Animal Welfare
TEARS Animal Rescue (The Emma Animal Rescue Society) is one of the country’s leading organisations in the areas of animal rescue, veterinary services, and the rehabilitation and rehoming of rescued domestic animals.
TEARS Animal Welfare seeks to appoint a Fundraising and Marketing Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: Market related and dependent on experience
Report to: The General Manager
This is a permanent, full time position
The purpose of this position is to fundraise as well as create and maintain a professional and respected public profile for TEARS.
- Create and implement a fundraising strategy (corporate, trusts, foundations as well as individuals) to be approved by the Board
- Achieve and exceed the total fundraising annual target
- Coordinate and manage fundraising, comprising community, trusts, corporates, major donors, bequests and digital fundraising, across the organisation
- Build relationships with current and potential funders, including key donors, charitable trusts, foundations and other institutional funders, as well as high profile and high net worth individuals
- Research funding sources (both national and international), oversee the development of fund raising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the organisation
- Write and approve funding applications, as well as progress reports to funders, ensure all are captured on the donor database
- Act as media liaison for TEARS
- Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising progress to the Board
- Participate in fundraising events/activities as appropriate
- When necessary, manage and motivate a team of volunteers who engage in fundraising activities
- In consultation with GM, approach various media (print and electronic) and ensure projects and events obtain coverage and publicity for the society
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent tertiary education in Marketing/PR or Diploma in Fundraising or relevant qualification
- SA driver’s license (code 8) and own vehicle essential
- Minimum of five years’ management and fundraising experience in a voluntary sector organisation or not- for-profit organisation
- Proven track record over at least past 10 years
- Experience in mobilising funds from institutional/corp and other donors
- Written and verbal communication skills
- IT proficiency, including Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to write concisely and persuasively, paying attention to detail supported by desktop research skills
- Sales ability and strong negotiation skills
- Well-groomed, highly organised, self-motivated and displays highly ethical and professional behaviour at all times
- Superb time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically, innovatively (out of the box), problem-solve and make decisions
- Ability to work both independently as well as part of a high functioning team
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
- Achievement of annual target through new business and existing donor development
- Stakeholder engagement
- Donor management
To apply, submit cover letter stating role applicability and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to email@example.com include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No telephone inquiries.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about TEARS Animal Rescue, refer to www.tears.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies