Gender DynamiX (GDX) is a human rights organisation promoting freedom of expression of gender identity, focusing in transgender, transsexual and gender non-conforming identities Founded in 2005, GDX is the first organisation within Africa that specifically advocates for transgender individuals. Gender DynamiX, as part of the KP REACH consortium is implementing a three year regional programme in eight countries in Southern Africa, funded by the Global Fund.
Gender DynamiX seeks to appoint a KP REACH Monitoring and Evaluation, to be based in Cape Town.
Report to: KP REACH Programme Coordinator
This is a full time position, contracted until 31 December 2018.
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is to provide programme management support towards the implementation of the KP REACH on the Gender DynamiX component of the KP REACH Programme. Ensure the effective implementation and management of the programme as outlined in the programme document. Have overall responsibility for providing quantitative and qualitative monitoring across the remit of KP REACH programming, highlighting and analysing key outputs, outcomes and impact of KP REACH activities.
KP REACH (Key Populations: Representation, Evidence and Advocacy for Change in Health) is a three-year regional program supported by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. KP REACH will work in eight countries to address the higher levels of HIV infection among Key Populations, including sex workers, men who have sex with men, women who have sex with women, and Trans diverse persons).
- Develop and maintain holistic KP REACH Monitoring and Evaluation system and associated tools
- Provide support towards effective implementation of the KP REACH programme
- Provide Gender DynamiX with information needed for planning, and programme management
- Generate regular Monitoring and Evaluation reports
- Produce reports in sufficient time for internal review process to be completed and the final report sent to the donor before the due date
- Strengthen internal and partners' capacities to conduct effective programme management
- Manage the programme budget and ensuring that the programme achieves its objectives within the funds available and the project timeline
- Manage and coordinate scheduled reporting to meet institutional donor reporting requirements
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organisations
- Develop ideas and projects for formal collaboration with targeted development agencies, policy, and research organisations
- Contribute to relevant policy debates and discussions ensuring Gender DynamiX has increasing policy influence
- Effective implementation of all Monitoring and Evaluation tools and systems
- Be responsible for providing Gender DynamiX with information needed for planning, and Monitoring and Evaluation of its programmes
- Conduct and/or coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation training programmes for KP REACH Programme staff
- Interpret and analyse data generated from Monitoring and Evaluation tools in relation to KP REACH programmes
- Provide oversight for Monitoring and Evaluation, knowledge management and learning
- Provide Monitoring and Evaluation guidance and support to partners
- Strengthen internal and partners' capacities to capture analyse and use data for decision making
- Bachelor's Degree in Development Studies, Demography, Social Sciences or other relevant disciplines from a reputable tertiary education institution
- Minimum of five years of working experience and track record in programme management in regionally or internationally funded programmes in the region
- Writing, reporting, research and data analysis skills
- Capacity to conceptualise programme interventions
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way
- Ability to work as part of a team in a co-operative and supportive way
- Strong IT skills
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the Gender DynamiX values
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Gender DynamiX
- Knowledge and understanding of issues of human rights, social justice, with a passion for community development, understanding and concern for issues affecting Key Populations and the greater Trans and gender diverse community
- Interest or passion for concepts of gender, sex, gender identity and diversity as well as body and sexual diversity
- Displays strong cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Experience of managing and delivering training and capacity building of staff of differing skills and abilities
- Organised, efficient and methodical
- Ability to work alone, takes initiative, and manages diverse teams with a transparent, accountable and consultative style
- Ability to effectively work in a team and groups of gender and sexually diverse identities and expressions
- Prepared and able to travel
- Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver tasks on time
- Self-motivated, energetic with an understanding of the multi-layered issues facing organisations working on HIV/AIDS and Key Populations
To apply, submit a CV (three pages max), a motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Qualified and experienced persons from the Trans and Gender Diverse community are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Gender Dynamix, refer to www.genderdynamix.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies