Labour Research Service
The Labour Research Service (LRS) was established in 1986 as a nonprofit labour service organisation. The LRS specialises in research, dialogue-building, and developmental projects with the broad aim of strengthening civil society and a particular focus on the world of the work. The LRS seeks to promote the full and active participation of working women and men in the political and socio-economic activities in South Africa. We do this through developing resources and organisational and leadership capacity of trade unions and labour-focused social organisations to engage in social dialogue on issues of incomes and gender equality amongst others.
The Labour Research Service seeks to appoint a Corporate Governance Researcher, to be based in Cape Town.
Report to: LRS Director
The purpose of the Corporate Governance Researcher is to support labour organisations and broader civil society in responding to multinational corporations through research and advocacy work that promotes transparent corporate governance and the ethical operation of MNCs globally.
- Analyse the annual reports of multinationals for financial, operational, labour and governance indicators
- Analyse executive remuneration
- Maintain and develop the LRS Multinational Corporation Database
- Deliver and produce individual company research reports
- Produce overarching multinational trend reports
- Design and market company research offering
- Contribute to LRS publications
- Continue development of company research programme
- Liaise and interact with company management, unions and workers
- Build LRS culture
- Post graduate degree in an appropriate field e.g. Social Science, Development Studies would be advantageous, minimum Masters level
- Minimum three years’ work experience
- Writing skills and presentation skills
- Experience in Quantitative and Qualitative research
- Ability to analyse company annual reports
- Have a demonstrated understanding of multinational companies
- Have an understanding of industrial relations and the main role players in South Africa
- Interest in Labour Relations would be an advantage
To apply, submit a motivational letter, CV and three references to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please download the full job description from http://bit.ly/LRS_CorporateGovernanceResearcher
Applicants who do not receive a reply within a month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.
For more about The Corporate Governance Researcher, refer to www.lrs.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies