Child Welfare Durban and District
Child Welfare Durban and District is a nonprofit organisation that provides a wide range of services to children, their families and communities in the Durban and Umlazi areas. The organisation’s core concern is to protect children who are at risk. This includes neglected, abused, abandoned and orphaned children, a large majority of whom are either infected or affected by HIV/AIDS.
Child Welfare Durban and District seeks to employ a Facility Manager, to be based in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal.
Salary: R180 000 annually
- Ability to provide effective leadership to a staff team
- Organisational and communication skills
- Show a high level of professional competency and total familiarity with current developments in the theory and practice of social and child care work
- Be conversant with current government welfare policy documents relating to children, welfare in general and the financing of welfare services
- Strong managerial skills including people management, preparation and management of budget and ability to exercise control over expenditure
- Ability to provide professional development of staff in the department
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team, including professional and child and youth care workers
- A strong developmental approach to child and youth care programmes
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day operation of staff and volunteers assigned to Residential Department team and ensure the attainment of all key performance areas and take appropriate remedial action where necessary
- Identify problem areas and recommend solutions to the Senior Manager
- Undertake related duties as assigned
- Implement strategy as determined
- Ability to identify challenges and recommend changes accordingly
- Managerial experience
- Degree in Social Work or Btech in Child and Youth Care
- Registered with the Council for Social Service Professions
- Minimum two to five years’ experience as a Social Worker or Senior Child and Youth Care Worker
- Valid unendorsed Driver’s License
To apply, submit your CV, three contactable references details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Child Welfare Durban and District, refer to www.cwdd.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies