Social Change Assistance Trust
The Social Change Assistance Trust (SCAT) is a dynamic organisation which has a 33-year track record as a nonprofit organisation. SCAT was established to promote social justice in South Africa through grant making and capacity building.
SCAT seeks to employ a Development Coordinator, based in their Head office in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to support LDAs located in the Free State and the Northern Cape.
- Monitor the status of LDAs by providing off and on-site mentoring support in the form of regular field visits, email and telephonic contact
- Annually evaluate each LDA and make recommendations for possible continued funding by SCAT
- Coordinate on-site and cluster capacity building workshops for SCAT grant funded LDAs
- Coordinate Peer learning sessions between SCAT grant funded LDAs in their respective provinces
- Submit reports on all field visits, capacity building workshops and peer learning sessions held with SCAT grant funded LDAs
- Process all funding claims from LDAs in line with SCAT LDA grant funding allocation
- Handle internal and external communication and correspondence relating to LDAs in their respective provinces
- Regularly update SCAT on all regional activities and development trends in the respective provinces
- Champion one of the SCAT’s strategic focus areas
- Assist with hosting SCAT’s funders during projects visits as and when required to do so
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (preferably in Community Development, Social Development, or related qualifications.)
- A minimum of three years working experience in community development, rural development and the NGO sector
- Computer literacy with an understanding and knowledge of (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understand the access to justice issues
- Facilitation, communication and report writing skills
- Ability to work independently and be part of a team
- Valid Driver’s licence
To apply, submit motivational letter and CV to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No correspondence will be entered with any applicant.
For more about The Social Change Assistance Trust, refer to www.scat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies