Society for Family Health (SFH)
Title : Counsellor X 2
Location : Western Cape
Contract Type : Fixed Term Contract
Employment Duration : Appointment until 30/09/2018
- Conduct group information sessions on VMMC with client prior to individual counselling
- Initiate HIV counselling and testing with all VMMC clients
- Conduct counselling sessions as per PICT protocols.
- Provide supportive counselling to clients whose CD4 count is below the recommended level for VMMC
- Assist clients in the selection of appropriate community support services.
- Ensure that counselling room is well equipped to provide high quality testing services
- Carry out rapid HIV tests according to approved testing protocols
- Record and report accurate HIV test results to clients
- Follow up of discordant test results
- Monitor stock levels for rapid test kits and related commodities in the counselling room
- Ensure that laboratory results are securely stored.
- Ensure that the counselling room and working stations are cleaned and orderly at all times
- Ensure that the quality assurance specimens are properly packaged and shipped
- Ensuring that all hazardous materials are disposed of properly and according to protocol
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Senior Counsellor
- Participate in Quality assurance and improvement visits
- Ensure adherence to infection control protocols
- Ensure compliance with Quality Assurance procedures
- Ensure that clients’ information is properly and accurately recorded and reported
- Ensure clients confidential information is kept secured
- Trained as a HIV and AIDS Counsellor/ MMC Counsellor with an accredited institution
- Accreditation Certificate
- Basic counselling
- Experience in MMC
Candidates who are interested and meet the criteria for the relevant position(s) please forward your CV’ with copies of qualifications; ID and Professional membership where relevant to email@example.com or fax 086 214 5031 OR please drop off at your local VMMC New Start Offices. Application closing date is 15 June 2018.