Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture
The Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture is a Cape Town-based non-governmental organisation that utilises inclusive evidence-based healing processes to address psychosocial needs of survivors of violence and torture.
Trauma Centre seeks to employ a Registered Counsellor, to be based in Cape Town.
- Individual counselling
- Group counselling
- Crisis Intervention
- Report Writing
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct networking activities as required
- Contribute to professional development
- B. Psych/ Psych (Hons) Degree
- Registration with HPCSA/proof that registration is in progress
- Experience in group and individual counselling
- Experience in counselling young adolescents and adults
- Experience working with trauma
- Ability to speak two of the official South African languages
- A valid South African Driver’s license/Learners license with the understanding that Drives license should be obtained within 6 months of commencement of employment
To apply, submit a CV, a copy of your driver’s license or learners License, proof of HPCSA registration/progress thereof and proof of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
The counsellor will be based at the Woodstock office but will be expected to be present at offsite events and facilitate services offsite where necessary.
For more about the Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture, refer to www.trauma.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies