St Luke's Hospice
St Luke’s Hospice is committed to caring for patients with life threatening illnesses, supporting their families and cares for people of all religions.
St Luke’s Hospice seeks to appoint a IPU Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to provide administrative and clinical leadership and direction to the In-patient Palliative Care Units of St Luke’s Combined Hospice.
- Ensure that management, professional and clinical standards are maintained in the in Patient Unit
- Ensure that accurate records are held and stored and nursing equipment’s are ordered and maintained
- Develop, implement and manage education programs related to palliative care policies and procedures of SLCH
- Ensure stringent adherence of the Infection Control, Health and Safety Policies
- Ensure appropriate risk assessment tools utilised
- Create, maintain and enhance relationships with stakeholders
- Manage team member/s and facilitate people development
- Perform other duties, as and when so requested, in support of team goals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing Science (General, Psychiatry, Community and Midwifery)
- Minimum of eight years related training and/or experience in a similar position/ in house experience
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council
- Must have Professional Indemnity
- Organisational awareness
- Resilience and stress management
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Relationship building/partnering
- Action orientation
- Planning and organising
- Judgement and decision making
- Team work
- Engaging diversity
- Developing people
To apply, submit a CV (not exceeding three pages) and a letter of motivation for the application and a fully completed Internal application form (available from the HR office) to Michelle Lehmann at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
All applications received within the time frames will be considered.
Applicants who do not receive a response on their application within five working days of the closing date of the advertisement, are to accede that the application was not successful.
On behalf of Management, we wish you well in your application and future endeavours!
For more about the St Luke’s Hospice, refer to www.stlukes.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies