Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC
Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Employment
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Position Description and Responsibility:
The SAEP project is looking to recruit a Talent/Human Resource Assistant to support the Deputy Director of Finance and Operations to streamline all project related human resource activities. He or she shall provide talent and human resource support to the project’s Technical and Operations Teams as they work to meet work plan and overall program priorities.
The candidate must be people oriented; organized; able to multitask; culturally sensitive; strong in process management; and be a skilled communicator. Experience in talent acquisition, recruitment, and onboarding best practices is essential.
- Assist in drafting Job Descriptions/Scopes of Work for new positions
- Assist in preparing the job advert, posting, recruiting, assessing, and selecting candidates for open positions
- Scheduling and managing the talent acquisition process
- Design and execute project and role specific onboarding processes for each new hire
- Develop tools and metrics to collect onboarding feedback for continuous improvement and for future use
- Work with the Outcome Leads (Technical team) to develop Scopes of Work and recruit for these positions by developing and maintaining a database of subject matter experts and consultants in project related fields
- Research and develop opportunities for professional development and peer learning activities that respond to project needs
- Assist in keeping track of mid-year and annual performance evaluations that are due for review
- Assist the management team to define and implement performance management
procedures including goal setting, mid-year and annual review processes, and structuring performance improvement plans if needed
- Assist filing of personnel records in accordance with program policies and procedures
- Collect and analyse human resource data to improve organizational performance
- Operate with the highest integrity and trustworthiness, including handling sensitive and/or confidential information responsibly and with respect
- Ensure governance, compliance and consistency with all Deloitte and USAID policies and procedures
Educational Qualification and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations, Labour Law and Business Administration or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in progressively more responsible Human Resource positions
- Knowledge of South Africa labour law, Basic Condition of Employment Act, related labour legislations, employee relations including advising on disciplinary, performance, grievance and dispute procedures. Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA) experience is a bonus
- Ability to create and implement systems to increase efficiency and facilitate processes in resource management
- Highly organized, with an ability to meet short and long-term responsibilities in a fast paced, deadline driven organization
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize and execute with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in human resource positions on USAID or other donor programs is a bonus
Please send a cover letter stating role applicability and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2018. Please include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.