Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
6 months contract
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is a non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans through evidence-based strategic communication programmes.
STIs remain a global health challenge with a need for urgent interventions to avert this challenge and are associated with increased acquisition of HIV. Condom use remains complementary to all other HIV prevention methods, including ART and PrEP and to prevent STIs and unplanned pregnancy. CCI seeks to employ a Condom Program Technical Advisor who will be responsible for coordination of all condom communication efforts with a focus on the condom promotion campaign. This position is based in Pretoria.
Purpose of Job: Coordinate all condom communication efforts with a focus on the condom promotion campaign and all related activities to condom uptake and use, including but not limited to development of condom messages, condom demand creation, and finalization and implementation of a Condom Communication Strategy by working closely with the identified consultant and other implementing partners such as Society for Family Health (SFH), Center for Communications Impact (CCI), United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA), and DBE.
The Condom Programme Technical Advisor will be responsible for the following;
- Coordinate all condom communication efforts with a focus on the condom promotion and all related activities to support condom uptake and use including but not limited to development of condom messages, condom demand creation and finalization and implementation of condom communication and messaging strategies.
- Strengthen the support for condom distribution, logistics and reporting, in collaboration with DOH and implementing partners supporting interventions targeting AGYW, youth and men integrate and include use of condoms.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Deliverables:
- Condom campaign implementation report
- Condom messaging roll-out plans in target media settings
- Condom operational plan developed for supporting men, youth and adolescent girls and young women
- Monthly reports for condom distribution in schools or selected sites identified in collaboration with the basic education sector
- Document best practices on condom distribution, use and integration into programs
- Master’s in Public Health
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in HIV/AIDS, TB and STI’s programmes implementation and supervision within the South African public health system
- Strong managerial skills with the ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement work inputs from several sources and partners and manage the simultaneous delivery of multiple outputs
- The ability to work accurately under pressure and maintain a high standard of professionalism
Applications: To apply send your application to email@example.com and submit the following:
- A motivation letter, please indicate position being applied for in the subject line;
- CV to demonstrate expertise in the position with 3 contactable referees
Applications close on 25 May 2018.