ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters.
We are strictly looking for applications with project/programme communications and administration experience
|Directorate/Cluster:||Programmes and Global Engagement|
|Reports to:||International Project Manager, POWER|
|Contract:||Duration: Fixed term to December 2020|
|Location:||ActionAid Office in your country with preference to London, Nairobi and Zimbabwe|
|Closing Date:||3 June 2018|
Working directly with the International Project Manager (IPM), the Communications and Project Support Specialist – POWER (Promoting Women’s Empowerment and Rights) will be responsible for implementing an effective communication and documentation strategy for the five-year multi country POWER project, and supporting the IPM to manage the successful delivery of internal project communications, events and activities at regional and international levels. This role:
- Works directly with the internal stakeholders to design and deliver annual communication and documentation plans to support the project’s objectives and ensure effective documentation of lessons learned and best practices.
- Guides and supports countries in the design and delivery of the country level communication plans, communication material, advocacy materials etc.
- Supports the IPM in delivering effective project activities and events at regional and international levels
- Coordinates and supports internal communication, project information sharing, reporting, presentation and other documentation
- Identifies and capitalises on opportunities for external media and social media engagement.
- Drafts project-relevant blogs on a regular basis for the ActionAid and other websites.
- Organises and manages the gathering and publication of case studies and media stories to illustrate the human face of the project.
- Updates and maintains the project website on a regular basis.
- Leads in the development of communications materials for international/regional advocacy use.
To be considered one would have:
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Demonstrable experience of leading communications aimed at engaging the public and influencing decision makers.
- Hands on facilitation, training and capacity building experience.
- Proven experience in commissioning high quality case studies/photography/video materials and success in content production and use of social media.
- Excellent organisation skills with willingness to travel.
- Knowledge and experience of maintaining and updating websites.
- Experience in events planning including online events.
- Specific experience working on women’s rights issues as an added advantage.
Applications to email@example.com with the title: Communications and Project Support Specialist POWER by 3 June 2018
Due to the high volumes of recruitment we deal with, we can only correspond to short listed applicants. Should you not receive feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Thank you for your continued support to AAI’s values and your personal support to the Global Justice strategy.