The Nal'ibali Trust (Story Powered School)
The Nal’ibali Trust is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign that seeks to spark and sustain a culture of reading.
The Nal’ibali seeks to appoint a Programme Supervisor, to be based in Margate, KwaZulu-Natal.
The Story Powered Schools project is a three-year, USAID-funded project running from 2016 to 2019 that is supporting 720 schools in the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal to grow a culture of reading in their schools.
- Coordinate overall scheduling, compilation of work plans, reports and implementation briefs
- Coordinate and ensure meeting platforms/activities are honored and integrated in work plans, based on approved communication plan including submission of related documentation
- Prepare and submit Monthly team plans as submitted by provincial support coordinators
- Track progress based on work plans and ensure programme support systems and logistics are in place (including fleet alignment) including escalating all deviations to the project manager
- Prepare and submit relevant paper-work/requisitions to the finance department to access required project funding
- Log, analyse and submit recons to finance and maintain sound records/filing system
- Participate in Monday skype meetings with the team to address gaps in recons
- Track and analyse project expenses against Financial Reports submitted by finance Director
- Communicate project budget deviations/additional budget requirements for planned activities and events
- Provide guidance and technical support to LM’s and SS on finance and HR related issues
- Related tertiary qualification a necessity, particularly in the fields of education, project administration, and/or social development
- Previous experience in cooperating with Project Managers for delivery of projects within the NGO sector
- Stakeholder -facing and internal communication skills
- Written and spoken proficiency in English plus one additional language (either isiZulu or isiXhosa)
- Have valid Driver’s license
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and skilled user of Microsoft Office
- Strong administrative skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Independent self-starter someone who can take initiative in identifying and solving problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
To apply, submit your motivational letter and CV to email@example.com your name and surname, position title on the subject line, (e.g. Joe Soap: SPS-Programme Supervisor).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal