Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch
Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch (MDFC) is a NGO providing services and support to persons young and old affected by MD and neuromuscular disorders.
Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker, to be in based in Goodwood, Western Cape.
Salary: R6 751 monthly
- Assist with intake of new referrals
- Collect information relevant to members’ needs and assessing their relevant skills, strengths and deficits
- Assist members to identify options and develop plans of action while providing necessary support and assistance
- Conduct follow ups with new and existing members telephonically and by way of home visits
- Assist members to identify and access community resources including medical, financial assistance, housing, employment, transportation and other referral services
- Assist with facilitation of Adults and Children’s Support Groups
- Assist with community awareness campaigns
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on clients' progress
- Maintain contact with other social service agencies, schools and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients' overall situation and progress
- All other duties assigned by management, this may include assisting in our bargain shop
- The Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) in Social Auxiliary Work one year or a two or three years’ diploma in Social Work
- Minimum of two to three years’ relevant experience post qualification
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Computer literacy
- Report writing and interpersonal skills
- Administrative skills
- Fluent in writing and speaking both English/Afrikaans essential plus one African language would be an advantage
- Saturday work is a requirement
To apply, submit a two page CV and a motivational letter, to the General Manager, Vanessa Jordaan at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 0865351387.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Enquiries: (021) 592 7306
Only apply if you live close to Goodwood in Cape Town.
Only applicants that fit the above-mentioned criteria will be considered.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
MDFC reserves the right not to make an appointment on all shortlisted candidates.
For more about the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation, refer to www.mdsa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies