Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Study Coordinator, to be based in South Africa.
This is an 18 months full-time (45 hours per week) fixed term contract
- Manage a team of nurses, data staff and research assistants
- Establish and coordinate clinical trials from feasibility to archiving, including recruitment and enrolment, day-to-day management of study procedures, addressing data queries from monitoring
- Work across several trials, in conjunction with other SCO at GRO
- Ensure that ethical and regulatory requirements are fulfilled
- Ensure complete and accurate data collection
- Manage all study documentation (case report forms (CRFs), research materials, investigator files, etc.)
- Quality Control of study documents – source and CRF’s
- Study Procedures, ensure staff are trained appropriately and study protocols are
- Interact with international and national principal and other investigators to ensure fulfilment of project goals
- Interact with local health facilities, study auditors, laboratory, etc
- Contribute to managing the research site and maintaining relationships with site stakeholders
- Health-related Degree and 2018 registration with applicable department e.g. SANC
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Study Coordinator or Project Manager
- Minimum of two years’ experience in staff management with ability to build interpersonal relationships and use these to manage study and site structure
- Valid driver’s license and own transport
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet)
- Knowledge of International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) / Good Clinical Practice
- (GCP) guidelines and valid GCP certificate beneficial
- Experience of working in the Gugulethu (or similar) community-based environment would be beneficial
- Experience of working with DAIDS studies would be beneficial
- Knowledge of quality control, activities, systems and processes (QA/QC) would be
- Detail oriented
- Work standards
- Problem-solving and planning skills
To apply, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za Job reference: #DTHF/C027
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications submitted via our jobs portal will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF are committed to equity in our employment practices. It is our intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
I understand and accept that, by applying for this role, I authorise Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in its capacity as employer, to access my personal information stored, and to utilise said information for recruitment purposes for this role.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks after the closing date please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za