Common Good Foundation
Common Good is a faith-based, not-for-profit organisation working in a range of communities. Common Good passionate about addressing issues of social justice that challenge our city. The Foundation seek to make a positive and lasting impact in the areas of early life, education and employment, so that individuals and communities across Cape Town can build brighter futures for themselves.
Common Good seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to provide sound bookkeeping and administration support. Ensure accurate financial information within a deadline driven environment.
- Work in all our Collaboration Schools, interrogating each line item on cash book, spending for approved costs and all financial related enquiry’s
- Work with school Bursar and SGB Finance team to empower them to understand the budgets and work correctly
- Prepare financial summary reports for SGB meetings
- Work closely with Heads of schools to explain budgets
- Implement smooth financial processes and procedures
- Understand all income flows and allocate correctly
- Complete understanding of school budget, incomes, expenditures, cash flow and current position to empower line of sight for all stakeholders
- Responsible for SIP budget reports in partnership with the FM
- Responsible for maintaining and recording Petty Cash
- Bookkeeping to balance sheet and income statement
- Process on Sage Evolution
- Finalise monthly and annual reconciliations
- Generate weekly and monthly income reports
- Responsible for Fixed Asset registers and the insurance of assets
- Maintain general ledger accounts including creditors
- Prepare month end and audit files for Financial Manager
- Diploma in Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Minimum of three years’ bookkeeping experience
- Sound knowledge of Sage Evolution and Excel
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Administrative skills
- Capacity to manage multiple financial projects from start to finish
- Approachable and trustworthy
- Ability to work independently
- Interpersonal skills and display the ability to develop positive working
- Relationships with individuals and teams
- Mature and responsible attitude towards work with the ability to take ownership of projects
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about education, analytically minded and enjoy systems and keeping things in check
To apply, submit a motivational letter (including your salary expectations), CV and two recent work references to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment.
Applicants who fail to meet the minimum requirements will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Applicants who do not receive a reply within a month of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful.
Common Good reserves the right not to fill the position.
For more about Common Good, refer to wwwcommongoodonline.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies