Sex Workers Education and Advocacy Taskforce
Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce (SWEAT) is a dynamic non-governmental organisation that addresses the health and human rights of sex workers.
SWEAT seeks to appoint a Nurse, to be based in Cape Town.
Start date: As soon as possible and end of March 2019
Salary: Competitive salary
The SWEEEP Programme (Sex Worker Empowerment and Enabling Environment Programme) is where our direct work with sex workers takes place around health and human rights. Within this programme we are operating a Global Fund funded programme to address HIV through a peer-led outreach programme and are seeking a qualified nurse to join this team to offer sexual health services to sex workers including HIV counselling and Testing Services.
- Perform routine nursing duties from a clinic based at our office as well as engaging in outreach services where appropriate regarding HIV counselling and testing, CD4 Counts, TB and STI screening, STI treatment, testing BP, sexual health, Glucose/diabetes; general wellness education
- Referrals to other service providers, both government and non-governmental for follow up services where appropriate, related to treatment access, TB testing, Pap Smears etc
- Manage and track referrals where appropriate
- Manage a team of HTS counsellors, supervising HTS and managing, developing and promoting the clinical services in conjunction with the SWEEEP Programme
- Provide mentorship and technical assistance to Peer Educators in relation to sexual health information and HIV counselling
- Develop and maintain relations with health and psych-social services providers, both government and non-governmental
- Report on all health interventions and referrals, per required monitoring and evaluation templates and reporting requirements
- Liaise with the Peer Education Team on outreach activities, participate in team meetings and skills building of Peers related to health care
- Engage in relationship building with other health care providers to ensure referrals are accepted and followed up
- Degree/diploma or relevant Nursing qualification (NQF Level5)
- Registration with the South African Nursing Council as a Professional Nurse
- Dispensing License an advantage
- NimART trained
- Minimum two years of experience in HIV counselling and testing
- Communication, interpersonal, conflict management an advantage
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date to consider your application as unsuccessful.
SWEAT reserves the right not to make any appointment in this position.
For more about Sex Worker Education and Advocacy Taskforce refer to www.sweat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies