Freedom House is a nongovernmental human rights organisation based in Washington, DC, with a regional office for southern Africa based in Johannesburg. Through the Justice as a Right in Southern Africa (JARSA) programme, Freedom House seeks to strengthen the rule of law, protect human rights, and promote social cohesion in the SADC region.
Promoting Civic Education and Participation in South Africa: Terms of Reference for Ground Transportation Services
Freedom House is seeking a service provider to provide midi-bus transport services for a training workshop to be held in Drakensberg/Drakensville, KwaZulu-Natal from the 18th-22nd June 2018.
These terms of reference describe the scope of the project and its basic requirements.
Scope of Work:
- Provide transfers for between 10 and 15 people from the following points to Drakensberg/Drakensville, KwaZulu-Natal, BERGVILLE
- Matsulu via Barberton (Umjindi) on 17 June 2018 at 08:00 and from Drakensville to Matsulu via Barberton on 23 June 2018 at 08:00
- Rustenburg on 17 June 2018 at 09:00 and from Drakensville to Rustenburg on 23 June 2018 at 08:00
- Bizana on 17 June 2018 at 09:00 and from Drakensville to Bizana on 23 June 2018 at 08:00
- Durban on 17 June 2018 at 09:00 and from Drakensville to Durban on 23 June 2018 at 08:00
- The service provider should be licensed to provide the required services in all the routes provided in the scope of work.
- The service provider must provide both the buses and drivers.
The successful service provider should be based in South Africa and should be able to provide the following:
- Certificate(s) of roadworthiness for its buses
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- Semi-Luxury midi-buses with Air-conditioning
Application Guidelines: Please submit an application consisting of the following to Mr. Moses Sithole, firstname.lastname@example.org, by 25 May 2018. The application should include:
- Company profile detailing experience and suitability for provision of this service;
- Comprehensive proposal
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Applications will be evaluated on their responsiveness to the scope of work, relevant and demonstrated experience, and cost-effectiveness.
For more about Freedom House, refer to www.freedomhouse.org
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities