Conservation South Africa
Conservation South Africa, as a local affiliate of Conservation International, is committed to helping societies adopt a more sustainable approach to development one that considers and values nature at every turn and improves human well-being through the conservation of healthy ecosystems and the goods and services they provide. Conservation South Africa seeks to influence policy, develop markets, engage the private sector, and support communities to develop and implement conservation- based economic growth models and long-term human well-being.
CSA seeks to appoint a Finance Administrator, to be based in Johannesburg.
Salary: R12 500 per month excluding benefits
This is a 12 months’ contract, renewable based on funding and performance
The purpose of the position is to carry out the day to day accounting function in the Johannesburg support office and Kruger 2 Canyons (K2C) Landscape demonstration and ensure compliance to the International Accounting Standards and Conservation International (CI) and Conservation South Africa (CSA) Policies and Procedures.
- The Finance Administrator will be required to become familiar with the financial systems and controls utilised by CSA
- Process payments in our finance software Aggressor, to ensure month end deadlines are met for the Johannesburg and K2C offices
- Process Journals relating to petty cash, travel advances and bank account reconciliations
- The Finance Administrator will be required to prepare EFT’s for JHB and K2C office accounts (Office rental, Telkom etc.), check all paperwork relating to financial transactions from the JHB and K2C staff
- A key function in this role provide feedback and guidance to the Junior Finance Manager and the CSA Operations Director on any compliance issues arising
- Prepare EFT’s for workshops, and other event costs in time to ensure timely payment of services and facilities for the JHB and K2C offices
- Ensure that all approved EFT’s are loaded onto CATS banking for payment and processing
- Ensure proper documentation exists and complies with CSA procurement requirements before disbursements are made
- Maintain Finance files to ensure that they are audit ready
- Pay office expenses in a timely manner and ensure that no expenditure goes ahead without prior knowledge and approval of office manager and that Cost Centre approval levels are adhered to
- Assist in monitoring and updating of information including asset registers, accounting questionnaires and Human Resources questionnaires
- Maintain the JHB and K2C Asset Register update and submit monthly to the Cape Town office
- Liaise with the Cape Town office relating to vehicle licensing and insurance queries
- Liaise with the Operations Department around any insurance queries relating to vehicles stationed at the JHB and K2C Office
- Be prepared to take on additional activities as they arise, due to the growing nature of projects
- Tertiary Education with specialised certification in accounting/ finance or administration
- Minimum of two years relevant working experience
- Experience in Microsoft Office programmes with Excel knowledge
- Ability and experience required to administer and execute financial processes and transactions
- Administrative and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pressure and is dynamic to change
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in the NGO sector, preferably in an international NGO
- Previous experience in working on complex finance systems would be an advantage
- Experience in working in a team based in different locations
To apply submit CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Both male and female persons who meet the above-mentioned requirements are encouraged to apply.
No applications received after this date will be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly and should be available for interviews in Johannesburg or Cape Town.
CSA will communicate with shortlisted candidates only.
If you do not receive feedback from us within 14 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Conservation South Africa retains the right not to fill this position.
Kindly indicate your salary expectation with your application.
For more about Conservation South Africa, refer to www.conservation.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies