African Tails is a NPO Animal Welfare organisation, established in 2006. Our focus is upliftment of animals and communities through animal care, most predominantly, mass sterilisation campaigns.
African Tails seeks to appoint a Fundraising and PR Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
The Fundraising manager will be responsible for the organisation's fundraising team and for delivering their fundraising programme. This will include developing corporate partnerships, coordinating direct mail campaigns, procurement of international funding, organising fundraising events and appeals, and sourcing grant income from trusts, foundations and other statutory bodies.
- Research and approach, government agencies and other bodies that could potentially make grants to our organisation
- Write and present proposals
- Manage the grant application process and ensuring that reporting is tracked and meets donors' expectations
- Develop relationships with major donors, identifying new potential major donors and nurturing relationships
- Attend relevant fundraising forums and the Cape Animal Welfare Forum
Management and financial tasks:
- Prepare annual income and expenditure fundraising budgets for approval
- Record, monitor and report financial progress
- Administrative duties: update databases, prepare reports, monitor income and expenditure.
- Recruit and manage volunteers for a fundraising project
- Management of other fundraising staff
Marketing and PR tasks:
- Communicate with the public: online, via the media, through direct mail etc
- Establish an online social media campaign and sustaining of campaigns
- Liaise with copywriter, printer etc to produce fundraising promotional material
- Communication skills, writing dynamic funding proposals and inspiring people to commit to the cause in question
- Interpersonal skills, will be constantly interacting with people, persuading them of the value of your organisation
- Research skills and attention to detail, sourcing information and statistics, researching trends, assessing costs
- Creativity, idea generation is important as charities try to ‘piggy back’ on what the public has an interest in
- Resilience and flexibility, fundraising, especially in animal welfare can be a tough job
To apply, submit a complete CV as well as a short portfolio of past projects completed to
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about African Tails, refer to www.africantails.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies