Chemonics International, an international development firm, seeks an operations and finance director for the USAID/Combating Wildlife Crime in Southern Africa Activity. This four-year program aims to support the shared commitments of the U.S. Government (USG), the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), member states, private sector partners, and civil society to dramatically decrease wildlife crime across Southern Africa. The purpose of the Activity is to coordinate learning and support strategic regional activities to address wildlife crime challenges. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
- Support Start-up activities, including establish administrative systems
- Develop and implement project procurement and logistics system
- Assist with the recruitment process and on-boarding of project staff
- Oversee day to day project office administration
- Ensure project compliance with South Africa and Chemonics home office human resource practices including recruitment and hiring. Maintain personnel records in compliance with USAID regulations and local laws
- Draft employment contracts for field employees and ensure compliance with field office policy manual and local labor laws and assist with orientation for new team members
- Oversee management of the physical office, as well as procurement of all office equipment, supplies and services
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all project equipment
- Ensure VAT claims are processed based on USAID regulations and maintain reimbursement files
- Support project office financial management through reviews of transactions, payment documentation and approve petty cash
- Oversee field office project finances and budget
- Review and approve all expenditures and monthly financial reports
- Ensure that local bank accounts are reconciled and balanced regularly
- Maintain transparent and audit-proof record keeping systems per Chemonics’ policies
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in relevant discipline desired
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing USAID contracts, including strong skills in procurement/subcontracting, compliance, financial management, human resources, and client management
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex USAID-funded programs or projects
- Knowledge of South Africa operating environment, including registration, taxes, and labor law
- Experience recruiting, forming, and successfully managing teams, and ensuring quality
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity, with strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Apply online at https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/2b29f321891d4ca9bcfa6abf75d91c34 by Monday, April 30, 2018. This recruit is being conducted on a rolling basis, so please submit your application as soon as possible. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.