IkamvaYouth is a township-based volunteer programme that gets learners out of poverty through education. The organisation exists to reduce inequality in South Africa, and its track record of matric results, access to post-school opportunities, and alumni success is proof that positive change is possible.
IkamvaYouth seeks to appoint a Bookkeeper, to be based in Pretoria.
Report to: Finance Manager
This is a three months fixed term contract
The purpose of this position is to support the finance department by the managing asset register, renewal of licenses and reconciliation of the petty cash and pay cards.
Manage the Asset Register
- Update the IY Assets register to ensure completeness of:
- Capitalised assets record (including cost, depreciation and NBV) cross casting to Accounting records
- Expensed Assets record cross casting to Financial records
- Donated Assets record
- Develop Asset movement tracking system and update records for removed, lost, stolen or replaced etc.
- Clear assets management system
Reconciliation of petty cash and pay card
- Investigate and recommend for correction of variance items for 20 Petty cash accounts for 2017 FY and first half of 2018 FY
- Investigate and recommend for correction of variance items for 20 Pay card accounts for 2017 FY and first half of 2018 FY
Manage License Renewals
- Ensure timely licence renewals for ESS, VIP Payroll and Pastel Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics, or related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience as an accountant
- Extensive knowledge of Pastel Evolution premium
- Extensive Knowledge of Asset management
- Extensive Knowledge of Reconciliations
- Understanding of GAAG and IFRS
- Extensive knowledge of Journal processing
- Team player
- Analytical Thinker
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Stakeholder orientation
- High level of attention to detail
To apply submit their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading “Bookkeeper”
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the volume of applicants, should you not receive feedback within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Ikamva Youth, refer to www.ikamvayouth.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies