CHOC CHILDHOOD CANCER FOUNDATION
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation is a nonprofit organisation that provides support for children suffering from cancer and life-threatening blood disorders as well as their families.
CHOC seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator to be based in Port Elizabeth.
Salary: R168 000 to R198 000 per annum cost to company, CHOC offers contribution towards a medical aid
Reports to: Eastern Cape Regional Manager
This is a one year renewable contract
The purpose of the position is to develop and establish CHOC’s Core programmes and services towards the parent and family support; to develop and coordinate the volunteer programme and to develop and run regional awareness campaigns.
Coordination of CHOC Core Programmes in Port Elizabeth, the greater Nelson Mandela Bay area and the Eastern Cape
Parental and family support:
- Establish and manage parent support groups
- Create and maintain a data base of survivors, parents, bereaved families
- Establish Eastern Cape Survivors’ Group
Volunteer mobilisation and coordination:
- Recruit parents and other volunteers to assist in programmes and activities
- Coordinate the regional volunteer programme
- Establish programmes in outlying designated areas
- Responsible for community outreach programme in Port Elizabeth and surrounds
- Responsible for regional general awareness campaigns and events
- In liaison with the National Awareness Coordinator assist with regional early warning signs training programme for healthcare professionals, healthcare workers and traditional healers in remote, pre-determined areas
- Identify and maintain local and regional partnerships with local departments of health, organisational and individual stakeholders
- Capture the appropriate information on new contacts and keep CRM databases up to date
- Compile and submit activity/programme reports.
- Undertake any other duties that might reasonably be expected of the post holder.
- Minimum Tertiary qualification in social science, community development or a related field
- Minimum of three years proven experience working with social interventions or programme management/coordination within the development sector (health related field will be a distinct advantage)
- Experience in training
- Proven experience in data management (Knowledge of CRM would be an advantage)
- Proven Computer Skills, Microsoft Office Suite
- Understanding of project/programme management
- Communication, writing skills and presentation/facilitation skills
- Fluency in English and isiXhosa (knowledge of other African languages would be an advantage)
- Can communicate at all levels and build sustainable relationships
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Proactive and innovative
- Willing to travel regularly within the Eastern Cape region, including overnight travel at times and travel to the Eastern Cape regional office in East London
- Must have valid driver’s licence (and preferably own car)
To apply, submit a covering letter detailing your specific interest in and skills applicable for the position and CV with the names and contact details of at least three recent references to firstname.lastname@example.org state on the subject line: Programme Coordinator PE
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
CHOC is guided by the principles of Employment Equity.
Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups.
For more about the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to www.choc.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies