CAPE MENTAL HEALTH
Cape Mental Health is a nonprofit organisation that offers a comprehensive mental health service in the Western Cape.
Cape Mental Health seeks to employ a Coordinator for the Eagles programme , to be based in, Cape Town.
The purpose of the position is to supervise the care of adults with Intellectual Disability in need of higher levels of care.
- Supervise a team of assistant programme implementers in providing a 5 day/week programme to our Trainees with Severe and Profound Intellectual Disability
- Coordinate a weekly stimulation programme schedule that offers a range of balanced activities
- Provide individual training per trainee as per the individual assessment outcome, with regular report to parents / caregivers
- Ensure that all trainees receive sufficient higher care as per their need to participate in the programme
- Monitor trainees progress and refer to specialised intervention as and when needed
- Provide alternative communication as needed for socialisation, stimulation and functioning of the Trainees
- Conduct bi- monthly parent meetings to ensure involvement and constant feedback
- Ensure the continuous and safe transport of Trainees to and from the workshop
- Occupational Therapist related skills
- Knowledge of and experience working with youth /adults with severe and profound intellectual disability would be an advantage
- PC proficient
- Build a strong relationship between parents, staff and workshop
- Ability to do problem solving and constantly keep manager abreast of requirements
- Participate in fundraising activities
- Attend and implement specific Eagles Staff training
- Passion and patience for the specific sector
To apply, submit CV with contactable references and motivational letter marked confidential to TWU Training and Development Coordinator: Samantha Brain Admintwu2@cmh.org.za Fax: 021-637 9642 or deliver to Athlone Workshop, c/o Klipfontein and Johnston Roads Athlone 7764
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about Cape Mental Health, refer to www.cmh.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies