Trade & Industrial Policy Strategies (TIPS)
TIPS is a nonprofit economic research organisation based in Pretoria, South Africa. The organisation facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and inclusive growth. TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
TIPS seeks to appoint a Project Accountant to be based in Pretoria.
This is a one-year renewable contract.
- Contracts management, ensure all new and existing contracts are captured in a contract management sheet with all project related financial commitments recorded and all payments made against contractual commitments
- Prepare/Update the invoicing and payments schedule for TIPS projects on a monthly basis and follow up on payments
- Review TIPS payment documents relating to projects every week before they are processed and ensure they are correctly allocated to each project
- Update the project progress reports on a monthly basis and prepare quarterly reports on use of funds for large projects in conjunction with the Project Coordinators
- Consolidate all staff timesheets on a monthly basis, ensure they are allocated to projects correctly and submit to Finance for processing
- Work with the project coordinators prepare the Research projects update report on a monthly basis budgets and expenditure to date
- Work with each TIPS Project Coordinator (one day every week) to provide up to date financial information on TIPS projects and ensure alignment between internal systems
- Communicate with Finance Officer on an ongoing basis on any differences identified between the TIPS Project management systems and Pastel Accounting for necessary adjustments to be effected
- Ensure all projects have correct project numbers in Pastel and in the TIPS project management systems including contract monitoring sheets
- Provide support to TIPS project coordinators to effectively use Pastel
- Ensure alignment between the project reporting and management accounts on deferred and accrued income each month
- Prepare ad hoc project reports as required
- Attend and participate in monthly workflow and Research meetings
- Assist with the implementation of an electronic project management information system
- A relevant, recognised diploma or degree in Accounting
- Minimum of three years’ work experience in a project accounting environment
- Proficiency in Pastel Accounting and Microsoft Office
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Project reporting skills
To apply, submit CV, to Edmore at Edmore@tips.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only applications with all of these components will be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only.
Non-South African applicants should have authority to work in South Africa.
For more about Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, refer to www.tips.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies