Vitamin Angels invites applications from eligible organisations for its Micronutrients Program for pregnant women in South Africa, an opportunity to receive a donation of multiple micronutrient supplements for pregnancy.
Vitamin Angels invites applications from eligible organisations for its Micronutrients Programme for pregnant women in South Africa, an opportunity to receive a donation of multiple micronutrient supplements for pregnancy.
Vitamin Angels helps at-risk populations in need – specifically pregnant women, – gain access to lifesaving and life changing vitamins and minerals. This is accomplished by providing annual, renewable micronutrient grants to qualified non-governmental or community-based organisations – our Field Partners – who want to incorporate micronutrient distribution into their existing services.
Vitamin Angels micronutrient grants are in-kind donations only; no cash is provided.
The organisation provides: •
- Multivitamins for pregnant women to support fetal growth and thereby reduce neonatal and infant mortality
Organisations must meet the following criteria:
- Must be registered as a locally recognised entity (i.e. non-governmental organisation, clinic, faith-based organisation, civil-society organisation, etc.)
- Can target “hard-to-reach” beneficiaries (pregnant women) who do not have regular access to vitamin products from national health services
- Have existing programs that serve pregnant women, or are able to integrate vitamins into existing programs without financial assistance from Vitamin Angels
- Maintains a local presence in the communities being served and are able to reach the same beneficiaries for several years
- Serve at least 100 pregnant women
- Ability to receive shipment from Johannesburg and store donated product
For any queries on the application process and for application forms, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Vitamin Angels, refer to www.vitaminangels.org
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other