Sizakala Wellness Counsellors
Sizakala Wellness Counsellors (S.W.C) is a nonprofit organisation run by qualified mental health practitioners. We aim to provide psychological well-being and emancipate individuals within their respective communities. We focus on the psychological development and empowerment of youths, specifically those in disadvantaged communities.
SWC seeks to appoint a Public Relations/Marketing Intern Volunteer to be based in Johannesburg.
Report to: Public Relations/Marketing Manager
The Intern assists S.W.C with public relations and marketing, helping to expand client’s profits and increase visibility.
- Assist with developing, writing and distributing approved press releases
- Assist with media relations, including pitching, researching and scheduling interviews if needed
- Assist with organisation of executive photos, photo opportunities and events
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with both local and national media
- Assist with building and maintaining press kits
- Assist with posting logos and organisational summaries to industry services related web sites and publications
- Assist with finding and completing appropriate contest entries
- Assist with following-up with members of the media to track and ensure client placement
- Assist with proofing written materials for style, grammar, etc
- Assist with planning and executing special events, if needed
- Assist with monitoring the impact of marketing plans, including revenues, and making adjustments accordingly
- Assist with writing advertising copy for clients
- Assist with developing, maintaining and using marketing database, which includes client and prospect information, mailing lists
- Access to client publications, etc
- Assist with electronic and social media marketing efforts for S.W.C
- Assist with direct mail and marketing efforts for S.W.C
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to assist clients from concept to production
- Adherence to deadlines and budget
- Willingness to contribute to the overall operation of the JOdesign
- Ability to generate, share and follow through on creative ideas
To apply, submit CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
If you do not receive a response within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about, Sizakala Wellness Counsellors refer to www.wellnesscounsellors.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies