Save the Children South Africa
Opportunity type: Consultancy
Expression of Interest (EOI)
Save the children is a child rights organisation that seeks to protect, uphold and advocate for equal rights of all children. Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) is seeking services of a consultancy company or individuals to conduct a mid-term review and documentation of the Children on the Move project.
In an attempt to address a number of challenges faced by migrant children in South Africa and in the SADC region, SCSA has been working in the sector for the past 10 year. It has launched the project under review in April 2016. The project is composed of a number of interventions, as documented below.
SCSA seeks to appoint a consultant to review the current project and document the project interventions in its entirety.
Purpose of the consultancy
The purpose of this consultancy is to conduct a mid-term review of the children on the move project as well as to document project interventions.
The purpose of the mid-term review is to:
- Determine progress against project objectives to guide strategy and interventions towards achieving objectives by the end of the project period
- Assess the relevance and quality of implementation for the intervention areas, identify areas for improvement and make recommendations for improvement in line with findings.
- Identify any unintended results, best practices and lessons learnt in reflecting on progress of the project towards reaching its objectives.
The purpose of the documentation of the project is to develop a resource that could be used to:
- Replicate interventions in other areas / projects that are being used within the current project.
- To standardise the interventions across the project.
Required experience and expertise
The consultant should possess the following expertise and skills:
- Experience designing and delivering high quality evaluations/ project reviews
- Good analytical and writing skills.
- Extensive experience in child protection and working with the children’s sector.
- An experienced Consultant with relevant university degree or Postgraduate preferably
- Demonstrate knowledge of social integration and migration work;
- Knowledge of the South African, regional and international legal framework for the care and protection of USMC
The following competencies are crucial in carrying out the task
An expert or experienced in documenting and writing with a strong command of written English
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of principles and practices of professional writing;
- Experience in project documentation;
- Strong written and oral communication skills demonstrated by the ability of making effective presentations to diverse audiences;
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of any African language will be an advantage
- Ability to work with tight timelines and deliver quality work
The consultant must be willing to sign and abide by Save the Children’s child safeguarding code of conduct
Expression of interest and Quotations
Each proposal should include the following:
- A proposal showing your understanding of the work and how you would approach the work, including methodologies, timeline and detailed budget
- The consultant must attach CV (s) of lead consultant / team members
- Company profile for organisation: with at least 3 contactable referees (even for individuals)
- Submit previous work done relevant to task (This will be on request from SCSA)
Questions relating to this call will be accepted until 17 April 2018 at 17h00. Questions should be addressed to NMachenjedze@savethechildren.org.za and ensure the subject line for enquiries and submission states “Consultant for COM Project Mid-term review and documentation”.
Interested applicants should make submissions in accordance to section on “Expression of interest and Quotation” by email to Mr Nyika Machenjedze, COM Project Manager email@example.com by midnight on the 20th April 2018. Please ensure that the subject line states “Consultant for COM Project Mid-term review and documentation”.
Late submissions will not be accepted. Only selected applicant/s will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome.
All applicants interested kindly indicate to the email provided above to receive the detailed Terms of Reference (TORs)