HOPE Africa is a social development organisation of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa (ACSA) that works within the six (6) countries in Southern Africa. The organization is currently seeking qualified candidates for Community Health Worker positions based in Western Cape, City of Cape Town, Khayelitsha and Free State, Mangaung, Botshabelo.
HOPE Africa seeks to appoint a Finance Manager, to be based in Cape Town.
- Perform all Accounting functions using Pastel Accounting including but not limited to, Income Statements, Bank Reconciliations, Petty Cash reconciliation, Cash book and Trial Balance
- Prepare budgets as required including annual programme budget
- Prepare and submit monthly Management Reports, in the prescribed format, by the due dates
- Maintain a register of all organisation assets in compliance with HOPE Africa’s regulations, policies and procedures
- Maintain accounting procedures which will enable and enhance transparency, accuracy, appropriateness and completeness of all financial transactions relating to the organisation
- Accurate monitoring of Actual vs. Budgeted Income and expenses
- Creditors Reconciliations and prepare and process Creditors’ payments
- Liaise with creditors re queries on their accounts
- Analyse and check invoices submitted by suppliers against purchase requisitions and orders
- Maintain systems that accurately track a variety of different programme expenditures
- Liaise with staff for financial transactions pertaining to their respective duties
- Process Payroll, of VAT returns, PAYE to SARS and processing UIF
- Prepare of books for auditors at year-end including drafting of trial balances and bank reconciliation
- Maintain an orderly, complete, effective and accessible filing system of accounting and financial records and documents
- Ensure accurate classification and recording of funds disbursement transactions
- BCom in Accounting
- Five to seven years work experience
- Experience working in the donor-funded environment will be an advantage
- Proven ability to work as part of a diverse team is essential
- Knowledge of Pastel accounting software
- USAID experience is must
- Be professional, enthusiastic and a people orientated person with sound interpersonal, organisational and time-management skills
- Meticulous and strives for excellence in executing all tasks
- Strong leadership capabilities and understand the dynamics of a small office environment
To apply, submit CV, including three contactable references and a motivational letter that explains why you are interested in this position to email@example.com. Clearly mark the subject line: Finance Manager
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No late applications are accepted.
Should you not hear from HOPE Africa within four weeks of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
HOPE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.
For more about HOPE Africa, refer to www.hopeafrica.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies