PYXERA Global, an NGO based in Washington, D.C., will be managing an international corporate volunteer program in Johannesburg, South Africa, scheduled to take place in July of 2018. PYXERA Global would like to hire a consultant currently residing in Johannesburg to help with program design and provide project and logistical support to the selected team of corporate volunteers from March through July 2018.
The selected consultant’s main responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Assist with identification and selection of host clients (mostly NGOs and social enterprises) and develop scopes of work (SOWs) reflecting the specific areas of intervention that the organizations solicit
- Participate in conference calls in English with corporate volunteers
- Coordinate the Welcome and Final Event(s) for volunteer groups and participating host clients
- Assist in procuring accommodations and transportation for volunteers in Johannesburg as needed on arrival and for the duration of their stay
- Orient new corporate volunteers upon arrival in Johannesburg
- Manage assignment, work, and travel logistics for volunteers while they are in Johannesburg
- Act as the on-the-ground interface between PYXERA Global and local partners in Johannesburg
- Act as a logistical and informational resource for volunteers and troubleshoot on problems they may face
- Correspond with PYXERA Global headquarters program staff and other stakeholders to assure satisfaction on the part of the volunteers and our partners
- Monitor and advise on security arrangements for volunteers when they are in Johannesburg
- Participate in the regular evening meetings with corporate volunteers
- Prepare financial and final program reports
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Graduate degree in international relations, communications, project management, organizational development, NGO management, or related field
- Experience in project management and in leading multicultural groups
- Experience in Youth Empowerment, Digital Innovation, Social Entrepreneurship, and Education
- Currently residing in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Attention to detail and people-oriented
- Exposure and experience in the NGO sector a plus
- Excellent proficiency in English
- Interest in Sustainable Development and Corporate Social Responsibility
Send a cover letter, C.V., and salary requirements via e-mail by April 13, 2018 to email@example.com. Please include “Local Consultant South Africa 2018” in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
At PYXERA Global, we leverage the unique strengths of corporations, governments, social sector organizations, educational institutions, and individuals to enhance the abilities of people and communities to solve complex problems and attain mutually beneficial goals. With a quarter century of experience in more than 90 countries, our team is passionate and dedicated to navigating challenges and pinpointing purposeful global engagement opportunities for our clients and partners.
PYXERA Global creates groundbreaking partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the unique attributes of each to create shared value and innovative solutions to complex challenges. Our initiatives include a wide range of services from local content development, to global pro bono programs, and integrated community development efforts that transform lives and livelihoods. We pride ourselves on designing and managing solutions that achieve real-world goals, yet also inspire, enrich, and endure.