Opportunity Type: Fixed Term Employment – The project is expected to last through March 2020 and is contingent upon annual funding.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. Jhpiego has been working in South Africa through CDC and other funding since 2003 supporting the National and Provincial Departments of Health in the provision of quality health and social services.
Jhpiego is currently seeking to identify experienced professionals for several programmatic, clinical and administrative positions for a project to support voluntary medical male circumcision services with funding from PEPFAR, CDC and other donors.
All positions will be based in Jhpiego’s program office in Durban, KwaZulu Natal province, contingent on funding and operational requirements.
PROGRAM LEAD - VMMC QUALITY AND SAFETY
- Provide vision, overall technical and programmatic leadership, and managerial oversight for Project IQ in South Africa, a PEPFAR/CDC-funded voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention quality and safety project in South Africa.
- Ensure the timely, efficient, and cost-effective implementation and reporting, as well as the strategic, programmatic, technical, and financial integrity of the project.
- Work closely with technical implementation teams to ensure the project is progressing towards expected results, overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff, ensuring that all CDC award requirements are met and working with M&E staff to ensure project deliverables are monitored and course corrections are identified and implemented as appropriate.
- Routinely engage with project counterparts and build effective relationships with National and Provincial Departments of Health (N/PDOH) to promote quality management systems for VMMC.
- Supervise technical or operational staff, overseeing annual work planning, leading the design, implementation and reporting of project activities, and the management of projects as required.
- Be responsible for representing the project to CDC, N/PDOH, and other relevant stakeholders.
REGIONAL VMMC QUALITY AND SAFETY OFFICERS
- Provide technical support, clinical mentoring, and perform quality assurance for all CDC/PEPFAR-funded VMMC services in their assigned regions as part of Project IQ in South Africa, a PEPFAR/CDC-funded voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention quality and safety project in South Africa.
- Serve a region consisting of 1-2 South African provinces, to be determined based on qualifications and preferences of candidates selected from applicant pool.
MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
- Support the design and implementation of a program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery of a national quality management framework for Project IQ in South Africa, a PEPFAR/CDC-funded voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) for HIV prevention quality and safety project in South Africa.
- Lead data quality control, data analysis, reporting of data collected for quality assessment of VMMC services, and promoting learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt.
- Support all the technical staff in M&E functions for this project.
DEMAND GENERATION OFFICER
- Support a district-based voluntary medical male circumcision program in the uThungulu and eThekwini districts. May also support districts based in other provinces.
- Oversee/co-manage activities for MC demand generation.
- Work with other VMMC staff (counselors, mobilisers, and clinical staff) to ensure provision of the highest quality strategies for demand promotion that adhere to national standards/protocols such as campaigns and regular demand generation activities.
- Pro-actively propose and suggest initiatives and/or partnerships that can support the MMC program in the generation of demand in an ethical and sustainable way taking into account the values and rules of the institution
- Assist in the entire training, coaching, mentoring and monitoring of VMMC field social mobilizers through application of organisational performance management process.
- Work with district health facilities to maximise local facilities in provision of VMMC service on regular or periodical bases.
- Participate in district VMMC demand creation TWGs, and other demand creation partnerships with local stakeholders.
- Provide financial support to ensure the smooth running of the Jhpiego office in South Africa.
- Handle day to day financial operations, with particular emphasis on handling accounts payable and receivable, expense reports, cash handling, payments and compliance to Jhpiego and donor financial policies.
- Implement and maintain an on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system required to assure the integrity and effective performance of Jhpiego’s financial operations.
- Coordinate the procurement of project materials and office supplies and equipment.
- Facilitate distribution of project equipment and anatomic models to project sites.
- Monitor internal procurement systems.
- Provide procurement advice to departmental managers and staff.
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management.
For detailed descriptions, position requirements and to apply, please visit https://jobs-jhpiego.icims.com/jobs/search?ss=1&searchLocation=13473--
Visit our webpage on www.jhpiego.org to learn more about the organisation.
- These positions are ONLY open to South African Nationals and applicants who have permanent residency status in South Africa.
- Jhpiego reserves the right not to fill any of the vacancies and to withdraw the adverts.
- The organisation may close the adverts early in an event that sufficient applications have been received.
- Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted applicants only. Please deem your application as unsuccessful should you not have heard from the organisation within 2 months of the advert closing.
- Regrettably, no e-mailed, faxed, hand delivered or posted applications will be accepted.