University Research Co., LLC
Project Name: USAID Tuberculosis South Africa Project
Position Title: Grants Finance Administrator
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Grants Finance Manager
University Research Co., LLC
University Research Co., LLC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of healthcare, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States of America (USA).
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV and AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.-chs.com/).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support Grants Coordinator in organizing Request for Application (RFA) proposals.
- Review grants that have been shortlisted and ensure that all grantees/sub-grantees have a due diligence checklist documents as well as certification.
- Ensure that all grantees are informed of their application status
- Organize the post award workshops
- On-site visit to grantees/sub-grantees within South Africa i.e. the post award and quarterly monitoring visits
- Prepare the monthly risk and compliance reports for grantees
- Routinely monitor and review sub-grantees progress in meeting targets/deliverables and providing documentation of expenditures in-line with sub-grant requirements.
- Provide orientation, regular feedback, coaching and mentoring of grantees and sub-grantees related to grants financial management performance, business principles and appropriate management of grants.
- Participate in internal audits and reviews as required to ensure compliance with URC standards, donor requirements and General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Facilitate timely release of grantee/sub-grantee payments
- Assist in taking minutes
- Maintain well organized and updated files and records on each grantee/sub-grantee
- Update of Grantee master file.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in pre- and post-award grants administration.
- Experience in managing multiple grants.
- Strong fiscal management and Grant reporting experience.
- Experience in MS Office, Word, and Excel. Demonstrated knowledge in creating Excel Spreadsheets.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems
- Willingness to travel on-site to Grantee locations within South Africa.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
Please send your CV/Résumé, Cover Letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date 31st March 2018.
is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.