Treatment Action Campaign
The Treatment Action Campaign (TAC) engages in monitoring, advocacy and campaigning within the health system to ensure that every person with HIV has access to quality comprehensive prevention, treatment, care and support services to live a healthy life.
TAC seeks to appoint two Provincial Finance Administrators to be based in Johannesburg.
Duration: three years fixed term contract
Start date: As soon as possible
The purpose of The Provincial Finance Administrator is the implementation and monitoring of expenditure, and variance expenditure reports, in line with the execution of TAC’s strategy, provincial budgets, periodical work-plans, and TAC’s financial policies and practices. This role must ensure that TAC’s funds are administered correctly (and accounted for) at both the National and Provincial level in line with all donor requirements.
- Ensure that TAC’s Financial and Procurement Policies are followed
- Verify the accuracy of requests/invoices prior to submitting to finance department
- Maintain fixed asset register for the province
- Ensure all disbursement forms and supporting documents are completed, signed and submitted to National office for payments
- Ensure all claims and payments are aligned to a provincial budget and coding
- Ensure all files and records are ready for ad-hoc auditing purpose
- Ensure efficient and secure filing system bills, invoices, TAC documents, photocopying and other correspondences
- Attend to incoming faxes, telephone calls, forward to the relevant individuals and action
- Assist provincial staff in the organisation of marches, pickets, protest, treatment literacy workshops and other activities
- Monitor bills and ensure they are paid timeously e.g. rent and telephone expenses
- Ensure the IT network in the office is up and running, i.e. computers are working and staff and volunteers are able to dial up the Internet (liaise with IT Service provider)
- Maintain petty cash records
- Ensure efficient and effective running of the office
Monitoring and evaluation
- Capture membership details, verification and distribution of membership cards
- Liaise with the Provincial Manager and Trainer in detailing the M&E training needs
- Matric certificate
- Diploma in Office administration or Business management
- Minimum of two years’ experience in bookkeeping/finance would be advantageous
- Numerical skills
- Experience in working in the NGO sector
- Computer literacy Microsoft Word and Excel spreadsheet
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in local languages and English
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
To apply, submit motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Treatment Action Campaign is guided by principles of employment equity women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.
Should you not receive feedback within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Treatment Action Campaign, refer to www.tac.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies