Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Title : Internal Auditor
Department : CR’s Office
Location : Parktown
Employment status : Project based contract
- Develop a risk based annual internal audit plan which supports monitoring compliance with PSI, donor and local legal requirements based on a risk prioritization;
- Establish and revise risk-based audit work programs;
- Perform internal audits of SFH’s operations in line with the agreed annual plan to assess the effectiveness of SFH’s internal controls and compliance with SFH’s policies and procedures;
- Document internal audit testing in audit work papers, detailing the procedures performed, results of testing and conclusions reached;
- Carry out spot checks and audit tests to validate the correctness and integrity of data generated by SFH
- Monitor the implementation status of internal audit recommendations, PSI’s Global Internal Auditors, donor auditors, financial statement external auditors, and other audit recommendations as applicable;
- Support and perform initial investigations into suspected frauds in line with PSI’s Global Fraud Reporting Guidelines, and in conjunction with PSI’s Global Internal Audit department;
- Identify improvement opportunities for local policies and procedures
- Support SFH Country Representative and Senior Management Team in the promotion of a culture of integrity and compliance, including fraud awareness training and compliance training;
- Provide capacity building support to SFH around risk management, internal controls and anti-fraud measures;
- Provide summary reporting of key risks, compliance issues and findings to SFH Country Representative and SFH’s Audit Committee.
- Relevant University Degree or professional qualification in accounting
- Professional certification in auditing or accounting such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)/ Chartered Accountant (CA)
- At least five years post-qualification experience in internal or external audit
- Familiarity with Global fund, DFID, USAID, CDC and other donors’ rules and regulation and their compliance requirements
- Familiarity with IIA Standards and GAAP governing not-for-profit organizations
- Familiarity with automated accounting systems or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) such as Lawson
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel internationally
- Computer literacy and familiarity with excel
- Good/ excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30 March 2018.
All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.