Society for Family Health (SFH)
DEPARTMENT: Strategic Information Department
REPORTS TO: Director of Strategic Information
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Project Based Contract
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy Planning and Implementation
- Assists the Director of Strategic Information in the design and implementation of an ICT strategy that allows the organization to achieve its objectives.
- Reviews the support ICT can play in driving change in the business and support delivery of its goals.
- Contributes in the organizations strategic planning and documenting proposals for ICT projects outlining strategies, objectives and the estimated costs for providing ICT services across all departments.
- Works with the Executive Team, line managers and departments in analysing requirements, investigating options, providing expert advice on ICT developments and benefits to be derived from them and aligning business information requirements with strategic priorities and directions.
Management of ICT Infrastructure
- Ensures that the organization has robust operational ICT procedures and policies that reflect best practice of the highest standard.
- Ensures compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements and protect against risks of unauthorized access to data, data loss and loss of service due to malicious activity or major incident.
- Manages the ICT infrastructure to ensure it supports the goals of the organization.
- Ensures business continuity through smooth running of all ICT systems, including Internet, software, print services, email provision and IP telephony.
- Manages crisis situations which involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Manages the development of solutions and implementing change in the technology/operational environment which meet corporate and operational requirements.
- Prepares business cases to support improvement and/or acquisition of Information technologies.
Management Information Systems and Innovations
- Defines and develops analytical plans to support the delivery of projects internal and external clients.
- Drives innovation for data management and Management Information Systems.
- Manages SFH’s Management Information System(s) ensuring effective monitoring and evaluation across all program areas and departments.
- Provides programs and departments with critical information for decision making from a variety of Management Information Systems.
- Builds capacity within departments to utilise Management Information Systems effectively and efficiently to generate critical analysis reports.
- Utilises GIS applications for programmatic decision making.
- Ensure that all staff members are motivated, accountable and properly trained
- Identify development need within IT team members and mentor them
- Develop department performance management systems
- Ensure that all SFH policies and procedures are adhered to
- Address any disciplinary issues and take action when necessary.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support organization goals in collaboration with the strategic stakeholders.
- Sets and continuously manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders through the establishment and implementation of an effective communication strategy.
- Communicates project risks and issues to relevant stakeholders and escalates where appropriate to the relevant directorate.
- Provides project progress and forecast reports as requested.
- Minimum relevant -year tertiary or post graduate qualification in IT or equivalent
- At Least 7 years’ experience as an IT professional and at least 2 years’ experience as senior IT Personnel.
- Experience in being responsible for all the IT Infrastructure within the Organization
- Excellent technical skills with proven ability to install; configure and administer computer hardware, software and networks.
- Driver’s License and own vehicle
The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have: excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a strong interest in private sector approaches to development; and a proven ability to produce results and meet objectives under difficult circumstances.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to email@example.com or hand dropped by Friday 30 March, 2018