Society for Family Health (SFH)
Society for Family Health (SFH) is a South African affiliate of Population Services International (PSI), an international NGO network operational in over 70 countries. SFH in South Africa concentrates on issues of HIV/ AIDS. As part of their HIV/AIDS control efforts, SFH is using social marketing to motivate behaviour change with respect to consistent condom use, HIV testing and other safer behaviours.
Title : Human Resource Officer
Department : Human Resource Department
Location : Parktown
Employment status : Project based contract
- Management of the Human Resource Information System
- Manage all functionality of HRIS, including employee queries and system improvements
- Coordinate reports and dashboards from the HRIS on a ad hoc basis for management and reporting needs
- Train all staff on the HRIS, as well as new functionalities as necessary
- Payroll Administration
- Coordinate monthly payroll scheduled and ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure compliance in the coordination of payroll processes, including the adding of new employees and terminations.
- Input payroll transactions informed by HRIS, and other sources in line with the payroll processes
- Reconcile monthly medical aid, provident fund risk portion and provident fund and submit to the relevant stakeholders.
- Employment equity, Training and Health & Safety Committees
- Coordinate the functionality of all committees
- Manage all legislative and statutory deadlines of the different committees
- Support the monitoring and evaluation of compliance specifically to the Employment Equity Plan
- Report back on committee outcomes based on the committee plans
- General administration and other duties
- Ensure all employee records up to date
- Induct of new employees
- Ensure all staff have completed HR packs
- Process all events with regards to injury on Duty Claims.
- Coordinate processes such as audits, BEE submissions etc.
- Coordinate of wellness activities for HQ and all sites
- Support the Human Resources Manager in the education and guidance of all staff in the implementation of all aspects of Performance Management System, and any other Human Resource functions and activities
- Grade 12/ Matric
- Degree in HR / or equivalent
- Payroll training/ certification
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
- Registration with the professional body (added advantage)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years solid HR Generalist experience
- Experience in an online Human Resource Information System
- Must have experience on MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Presentation Skills
- Supervisory Experience will be an added advantage
- Solid knowledge on the applicable legislation (LRA, BCEA etc.) and disciplinary processes and training
- Computer literacy and familiarity with excel
- Good/ excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 30 March, 2018. All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.