Society for Family Health (SFH)
PROJECT: Finance Department
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Project Based
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Preparation of Annual Operating Budgets
- Preparing project and departmental budgets
- Conduct budgets re-alignments
- Preparation of Monthly Management Reports
- Costing of SFH products & Services and recommending ways of ensuring cost efficiency
- Analysing costs & cost trends and providing management with reports on the same for decision making
- Prepare donor financial reports and attend to donor queries
- Preparing of Project Status Reports and overall analysis of projects financial performance including forecasting
- Monitoring expenditure against budgets for a portfolio of departments and alert the Finance Director to any problems
- Review expenditure allocations to project codes before posting of transactions to the General Ledger
- Prepare consolidated Financial Statements for audit purposes
- Conduct monthly financial trends analysis with program managers
- Audit support to Finance Director and the regional team
- Stock Management:
- Ensure stock count and reconciliation of all PSI inventories are reconciling to the system records.
- Point of contact on annual audit counts are
- Honors’ degree in accounting or finance or related field
- Knowledge of Lawson or ERP system desired.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office package and document management system.
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Up to date compliance with policy and procedures and ability to promote compliance
- Working knowledge of US government regulations and requirements to development assistance
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume of work flow
- Possession of a valid drivers’ license and be willing to travel 20% travel anticipated
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application to email@example.com; with a closing date Friday, 30 March, 2018
All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.