Star for Life
Star for Life (SFL) is a nonprofit organisation with the mission to inspire young people to value learning, acquire the knowledge and skills they need for productive work, and live healthy and meaningful lives. SFL has developed a unique set of programmes and workshops that we are currently running in 88 High Schools in South Africa and Namibia to add value to the regular Life Orientation curriculum.
SFL seeks to appoint a Professional Nurse, to be based in Johannesburg.
- Provide supervision on the implementation of the MHU programm in Johannesburg.
- Provide basic health care services within the capacity of the organisation in the JHB schools
- Provide health screening to SFL learners within the scope of the programme
- Oversee in the HIV testing and counselling by the MHU counsellors’
- Conduct health education in schools on specific matters in line with the IHSP programme
- Ensure that all necessary materials and tools are available for MHU programme
- Maintain stakeholder satisfaction.
- Degree / Diploma in Nursing
- Currently Registered with the SANC as a Professional Nurse
- Two years’ experience working as a professional nurse preferable in an NGO sector
- Sound working knowledge of HIV/Aids and Sexual Reproductive Health Rights
- Understand the Integrated School Health Programme
- Experience working with children and/or youth will be an advantage
- Valid code 10 driver’s license
- Knowledge of the Nursing legislation and related legal and ethical practices
- Understanding and knowledge of NGO sector in South Africa
- Fluency in English and IsiZulu
- Computer skills
- Interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Ability to work with children and/or youth
For more information, contact: Ms Sharon Mbambo (035) 753 1338.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Should no feedback be received within two weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application was not successful.
For more about Star For Life, refer to www.starforlife.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies