Helderberg Hospice is a nonprofit organisation that provides skilled and compassionate support to people of the Helderberg who are faced with life-threating illness. Often associated with cancer care, Helderberg Hospice offers help with any end-stage illness as well as Motor Neurone Disease and HIV/AIDS in an honest, ethical, compassionate and transparent way.
Helderberg Hospice seeks to appoint a Social Worker, to be based in Western Cape.
This is a part-time position
- Provide counselling support to patients and families affiliated with Helderberg Hospice
- Coordinate the spiritual support programme and provide spiritual support to patients where
- Coordinate the bereavement support programme and possibly assist with training of volunteers in this regard
- Provide grief counselling for families of patients of Helderberg Hospice, as well as on referral from
- external role-players
- Coordinate and assist with the facilitation of patient / family support groups
- Strong focus on therapeutic work
- Able to work well in a team and independently, with effective time management
- Fluency in English and one other official language of the Western Cape
- Current registration with SACSSP
- Valid police clearance certificate (on request)
- Valid driver’s license, preferably with own vehicle
- Computer literate
- Some knowledge / training in palliative care would be an advantage
To apply, submit a CV contactable references to Dianne Waddington (Manager: Social work) firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Enquiries: Dianne Waddington at 021 852 4608
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Helderberg Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more about Helderberg Hospice, refer to helderberghospice.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies