Trade & Industrial Policy Strategies (TIPS)
TIPS is a nonprofit economic research organisation based in Pretoria, South Africa. The organisation facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and inclusive growth. TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
TIPS seeks to appoint an Senior Economist to be based in Pretoria.
Salary: A competitive remuneration package is offered based on level of skill required
- Undertake practical, creative and high quality research into economic challenges and policy options, primarily for government but also for other economic stakeholders
- Write reports, briefing notes and other economic and policy inputs mostly in relationship to industrial policy
- Liaise with and support economic policy-making entities in South Africa in line with TIPS's mandate and priorities
- Conceptualise, scope and develop proposals for projects related to industrial policy
- Manage projects, including working with colleagues, budgets and deliverables
- Contribute content to the TIPS website and support the release of research and information produced by TIPS into the public domain
- Help promote and engage in constructive discussions and debates about industrial policy and inclusive growth
- Assist in mentoring and managing economists and researchers
- A passion for industrial policy and inclusive economic development, and an interest in developing innovative and realistic options to take them forward
- At least a Master’s Degree in Economics, preferably in a field that is relevant to industrial policy
- At least eight years’ work experience in research or policy related environment related to economics and/or industrial development
- A strong ability to analyse information and data to support decision and policy making
- Highly developed writing and presentation skills
- The ability to represent TIPS with high-level stakeholders
- Competencies in mentoring and project management
To apply, submit CV, a cover letter highlighting your interest for the position and how you match the requirements as well as a writing sample via e-mail to Edmore at Edmore@tips.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only applications with all of these components will be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed applicants only.
Non-South African applicants should have authority to work in South Africa.
For more about Trade and Industrial Policy Strategies, refer to www.tips.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies