Habitat for Humanity SA NPC
The following position has become available at the offices of Habitat for Humanity South Africa, based at 201 Pine Park, 1 Logan way, Pinelands.
This position reports to the Finance and Administrations Manager
Primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implement systems to ensure that all cash and bank reconciliation are updated
- Maintain cashbook on a daily basis for all bank and petty cash accounts
- Update and replenish petty cash.
- Ensure that all Purchase Invoices are captured
- Ensures that all day-to-day cash & bank payments are in place
- Ensure that all sales invoices are captured.
- Assist the Accountant in the production of management financial reports
- Support the Accountant by ensuring that general ledger and bank accounts are reconciled on time and correctly.
- Office based work in Pinelands
- Monday to Friday, 08h00 to 15h00
Qualifications and experience:
- 3 years’ practical experience in Accounting & NGO Sector
- Excellent MS Excel and intermediate in MS Word skills.
- A diploma in accounting or similar.
- Experience in working and communicating cross-culturally.
- Experience in preparation of balance sheet accounts.
- Payroll experience.
- Experience in statutory submissions.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime when needed to “get the job done.”
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- Demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill and/ or knowledge in accounting.
- Excellent knowledge of Accounting statements and finance related legislation such as VAT Act.
- Knowledge and ability to use applicable information technology and accounting systems to meet work requirements.
- Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret numbers, figures and other financial information for problem solving.
- Adopt professional business-like approach internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to determine work priorities and adhere to deadlines.
- Discretion when dealing with confidential information
- The flexibility and independence to work in a changing and unstructured environment.
- Ability to work interdependently within a culturally diverse team.
- Willingness to uphold and promote Habitat’s Christian principles and core values
- Behave Ethically and able to Build Relationships
- Communicate Effectively
- Focus on Staff Needs whilst fostering teamwork
- Ability to solve problems and make Decisions
- Organised with the ability to plan ahead
- Meet deadlines and not compromise on accuracy
Salary and Benefits:
- Type: Permanent position
- Remuneration: Dependent on experience and qualifications
- Benefits: Standard employee benefits including Provident Fund.
- Starting date: ASAP
About Habitat for Humanity:
Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organisation working to break the cycle of poverty in South Africa through participatory development, advocacy and awareness. We believe that providing adequate and affordable shelter is the best way to fight poverty. We use holistic interventions that partner with home partners and stakeholders to build communities in which the members play leading roles in their own development.
Our office environment is casual but professional. We all work in teams and believe in celebrating small wins on a regular basis. Each individual is unique and important and our office culture reflects these values. Whilst our environment is flexible, this position is not and has specific working hours.
This is an entry-level position. The right candidate will learn all that is required to run an organisation on an operations level. You will learn good business practices, routines and processes. You will have the ability to influence our current processes with your better ideas. The option to influence is as available as the option to learn and the extent of each is up to the successful candidate.
How to apply:
Should you meet the above criteria, please read the following instructions carefully to ensure that your application is not disqualified.
Send us an email with the following information:
- In the body of your email, please include a covering letter describing why you think you have everything we’re looking for and why you want this opportunity.
- Attach your CV of not more than 3 pages with 3 contactable references as a PDF and Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th March 2018
PLEASE NOTE: No telephonic correspondence or application follow ups will be entered. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us on or before 2nd April 2018.