Tirisano Foundation is an institution made up of young professionals from South African townships who, through education and self-development, have found a market for their skills and would like to impart similar knowledge to learners from similar backgrounds.
The Foundations seeks to appoint Volunteer Board Subcommittee members.
- Ensure that the interests of the organisation are protected in respect of contractual arrangements.
- Ensure that the Organisation complies with the relevant legislation and that its dealings are ethically and legally sound
- Ensure that the Organisation’s dealings are in line with its constitution
- Drafting and reviewing legal agreements
- Drafting Organisation’s constitution
- Assisting the organisation across its various portfolios/departments to ensure its outcomes are met, particularly with regards to expenditure, financial management and operations.
- Developing strategies and plans (i.e. budgets) for long-term financial goals of the organisation
- Directing investment activities
- Safe keeping of all financial records and source documents
- Producing financial reports timeously and accurately
- Ensuring timeous submissions to the relevant regulatory authorities including sponsors
- Interacting with auditors and ensuring compliance to required standards
- To build long sustainable relationships with mutually benefiting partners in various spheres that will make the TF learner the ultimate beneficiary.
- Meet the business objective of each partner.
- Find the “brand fit” to TF as it’s important to align with partners that will create synergies in the partnership
Approach to partnership
- Partnership team work on outsourcing sponsorships (non-monetary) that organizations can offer to TF
- Monetary contributions are appreciated and welcome, but as a last resort if time and resources are constraints to the potential sponsor.
Who we are typically looking to partner with
- Peer non-profit organisation partnerships for academic, skills and experiential learning benefit of Tirisano learner
- Tertiary institution partnership for learner placement in further education programmes post matric and career guidance
- Corporate partnerships for skills transfer, learner placement, financial and resource investment and sponsorship Government partnership for learner opportunities and school support
What are we looking for:
- Individuals who are keen to promote the TF brand, vision and mission and demonstrate our value proposition, with the aim of creating long lasting relations with partners.
- Willing to engage with various stakeholders and pursuing opportunities that will further TF and the learner
- Central role that manages administrative tasks for the Tirisano Exco Team
- Manage documentation recording and safe keeping for governance and compliance requirements (e.g. minutes and action registers)
- Manage catering coordination for scheduled classes
- Updating standing Data (TF contacts – Pros, Exco and partners)
- Working together with the compliance team across TF’s various portfolios/departments to adhere to compliance requirements.
- Working closely with the program manager to deliver communication of classes to be delivered
- Head the team building initiatives for the team
To apply, submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more about Tirisano Foundation, refer to tirisanofoundationcom.webs.com