Small Projects Foundation
Small Projects Foundation (SPF) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO), that aims at achieving the development of individuals, families and communities who are committed to their own growth and development.
SPF seeks to appoint a Project Coordinator to support a CommCare implementation project, to be based in Eastern Cape.
Start date: As soon as possible
Duration: Four month’s contract
CommCare is a case management solution for frontline health workers. Each health worker is equipped with an inexpensive phone running our free and open source software that contains registration forms, checklists, danger sign monitoring referrals, and educational prompts. CommCare helps manage enrollment, support, tracking and referral of health workers’ clients and activities.
- Provide training to users, both on mobile phone skills and CommCare
- Coordinate and manage project logistics
- Supervise and support users of CommCare in the field
- Track and troubleshoot CommCare issues that arise on phones
- Solicit, track, and report user feedback
- Participate in the Active Data Management (ADM) process as a key facilitator which involves analysing and interpreting ADM reports as well as tracking action to completion from the reports
- Maintain strong communication with all project stakeholders
- Serve as main point of contact for Dimagi during application scoping, design and building
- Participate in all scoping or design visits with Dimagi
- Coordinate obtaining the input from appropriate content and subject experts required for Dimagi to design and build the solutions.
- Coordinate sign off on all content and protocols by appropriate stakeholders
- Adapt local-language user manual for users
- Coordinate and manage project deployment
- Manage logistics of CommCare rollout
- Coordinate translation of all content for CommCare application to appropriate local languages
- Set up the phones
- Deploy applications to the phones
- Troubleshoot phone issues
- Supportive Supervision
- Regularly scheduled visits with the users
- Gather feedback from the users on system usage and communicating feedback to stakeholders
- Monitor adoption and usage of the system and highlighting major achievements and barriers
- Regularly review online reports and ADM reports on HSA performance
- High degree of coordination with all stakeholders
- Execute ongoing communication plan
- Fluency in primary language/dialect of health workers
- Proficiency with computer and mobile phone technologies
- Knowledge of simple data analysis and data interpretation
- Knowledge and working familiarity of Microsoft Excel
- Oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Team player and likes working with people
- Ability to develop, implement, enforce, and adapt standard operating procedures and associated technology that will maximize the effectiveness of health programs.
- Empathy and design insight for end users of technology systems, including an understanding of aspirations, constraints, and technology learning
- Driver’s license
- Written communication skills and regular access to email
- Experience in teaching or training, particularly on someone how to use technology
- Project management experience
To apply, submit Cover letter, detailed CV with three contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information Small Projects Foundation, refer to www.spf.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies