LifeLine Ekurhuleni (previously known as LifeLine East Rand) has been a leading provider of personal skills development and promotion of emotional wellness for the healing and transformation of individuals and communities in Ekurhuleni, for 46 years. As a community- based, civil society organisation, whose core counselling and victim empowerment services are provided by volunteers, LifeLine Ekurhuleni involves the community at large and its resources to achieve its objectives.
LifeLine Ekurhuleni is currently seeks to appoint three Intermediaries, based in Benoni, Gauteng.
The Purpose of the position is for ensuring that child and mentally-challenged adult victims and witnesses of abuse and violence, as well as their families, are supported through and post legal processes.
- Provide Intermediary services to Courts throughout Ekurhuleni
- Follow up and support child and mentally-challenged adult victims and their families post-Court cases
- Facilitate awareness and educational programmes around issues underlying child abuse and violence
- Providing lay counselling to distressed and traumatized individuals
- As per the Criminal Procedures Act (Act 51 of 1977), the following persons may apply:
- Registered educators with four years of service experience
- Registered Social Workers with two years of experience in the Social Work field
- Registered Child Care Workers with three-year qualification and three years’ experience in child or youth care
- Registered clinical, educational or counselling psychologists
- Registered medical practitioners, with psychiatry as a specialist
- Knowledge of child development and the relevant legislation
- A valid Code 8 or 10 driver’s license
- Fluency in English and at least two other South African languages
- Proficiency in the use of computers for spreadsheets, reporting, email and internet
- Strong, persuasive written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Self-motivated and a team player
- A flexible approach to working hours and duties
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivational letter to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Further correspondence will only be entered into with candidates under consideration for the position.
Should you not receive a response within 14 days of the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
For more about LifeLine Ekurhuleni, refer to www.lifeline.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies