JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org Salary: Commensurate with experience and Qualifications
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for a Senior Operations & Finance Manager for the Funds Manager Dreams Innovation Challenge (DREAMS-IC) Project. The Senior Operations & Finance Manager will provide a range of regional financial management & operations support for the project and country offices of South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe. S/he will be based in Pretoria, South Africa and will report to the Regional Director.
Financial Management & Audit
- Monitor and track accruals to capture project financial commitments, determine pipeline variances and notify senior managers
- In collaboration with the Regional Director, implement project financial and operational policies and procedures in accordance with JSI standards and donor (Department of State) regulations;
- Provide oversight to the finance team and lead in the annual organizational (statutory) audits;
- Lead in the submission of financial reports, budget exercises, and/or expense ledgers and monthly cash flow requests to US offices;
- Provide oversight in the management of bank account and cash activities to ensure funds availability;
- Work closely with US office(s) to manage expenses, project costs, and ensure donor compliance and effective and proactive fiscal management;
- Manage the review of expense vouchers and transactions before signature for full documentation per company and USG (donor) requirements;
- Manage the bank reconciliations and reconciliations for the clearing accounts and advance and supplier accounts are completed;
- Review with Finance Manager month end reports prior to submission to US office;
- Manage year end schedules and reconciliations completion;
- Manage the year-end procedures for journals and in the accounting software are performed;
- Coordinate with other JSI projects in-country (South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe) to ensure effective collaboration and consistency in JSI-wide practices;
- Provide oversight on the proper management of fixed assets;
- Manage the review, check and sign off on all payments, per diem calculations, travel reconciliations, etc;
- Manage, review and approve the tax year-end report and process legal and statutory compliance requirements and other tax certificates (VAT/PAYE etc)
- Review the work activities of the Finance & Administration Manager and Officer and country office Finance and Admin personnel ensuring that functions are performed accurately and efficiently;
- Provide training to staff on financial and administrative policies and procedures, reporting, procurement, and other relevant items;
- Support Regional Director in the preparation of project financial reports to HQ as needed
- Assist with development and costing of DREAMS IC workplan
- Lead the process of project close out.
HR Management (in collaboration with the HR department)
- Lead recruitment and screening for all project’s personnel including the drafting of job descriptions for each position, screening and shortlisting of candidates
- Manage administrative processes for the hire and orientation of all project staff
- Set-up financial, HR and administrative systems, including office sharing arrangements with other existing JSI projects, in all country operations
- Ensure annual completion of ethics training by staff;
- Review the monthly payroll with human resources (HR); for all country offices (South Africa, Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, Zimbabwe)
- Manage the leave balance tracking is up-to-date with Replicon (timesheet system);
- Provide oversight and approve the reviews of the provident fund schedule with HR and ensure that all premiums are paid for project staff;
- Manage the review the medical aid accounts and liaise with the medical aid fund for additions and deletions;
- Ensure workmen’s compensation insurance is up to date with HR.
- Ensure staff understanding of the Local Hire Employee Manual (LHEM); provide trainings as needed.
- Oversee and liaise with operations staff on procurement, logistics, travel, and program activity preparation, organization and management;
- Ensure integrity of procurement procedures and full documentation;
- Manage project contracting, including procurement contracts or purchase orders for goods and services, service agreements, consultant agreements etc. as applicable;
- Ensure staff understanding of the Operations Manual; provide trainings as needed.
Bachelor of Commerce Degree, Majoring in Accounting is an essential requirement; MBA degree will be an added advantage; Qualification in ACCA, CIMA will be an added advantage; (5) five years working experience in financial management and accounting systems at the senior level; USAID/PEPFAR grant experience will be an added advantage; Extensive experience working with accounting software systems will be an added advantage; demonstrable strong organizational skills will be an added advantage; Demonstrable attention to detail, ability to implement procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members; demonstrable efficient communication and interpersonal skills; Familiarity and understanding of country audit requirements will be an added advantage; excellent written and verbal communication and relationship building skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate will be an added advantage; demonstrable and proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision; efficient time management/task prioritization skills; Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Access is an essential requirement; Knowledge of QuickBooks financial software will be an added advantage; Excellent oral and written English communication skills. Foreign language skills preferred.
This is a local hire position with no expatriate’s benefits calling for applicants who are eligible to work in South Africa.
Closing Date for Applications: 23 March 2018 . Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for Senior Operations and Finance Manager)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 day after the advert closing date, please consider
your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.