ActionAid is an international anti-poverty agency formed in 1972. We are a partnership between people in poor and rich countries working together to end poverty and injustice. Today we are working with over 15 million of the world’s poorest and excluded people in over 45 countries worldwide to secure their rights to a life free of poverty and injustice, and with the support of half a million donors and supporters
Directorate/Cluster: Programmes and Global Engagement
Reports to: International Project Coordinator
Location: Any Country with an ActionAid Office
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research Coordinator will have overall responsibility to lead on the coordination of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research components of a Norad-funded, multi-country project which aims to ensure increased financing of quality, inclusive public education for girls and other marginalised children in Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania and Malawi. Working in close collaboration with the International Project Coordinator, the Campaigns Assistant, and key project staff in each of the focus countries, the post-holder will be responsible for a range of activities including:
- Supporting project teams to develop tools and systems to capture data.
- Contributing to the design of and lead on the coordination of key Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities.
- Compiling and analysing routine monitoring & evaluation data for internal and external reports.
- Providing technical Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning support and responding to specific capacity development needs of countries.
- Consolidating learning to ensure organisational learning.
- Leading in the development of a coherent Research strategy and plan.
- Leading in the design, delivery and coordination of any in-house research
- Advanced Degree in the field of Education, Social Research, Monitoring & Evaluation or other relevant Social Science subject.
- Experience of using qualitative and quantitative data analysis packages (e.g. SPSS and Nvivo).
- Fluency in written and spoken English and any of the languages of the target countries desirable especially Portuguese.
- Proven experience of establishing Monitoring & Evaluation systems and tools.
- Proven experience of research in the field of international education.
- Experience of collecting data with children and/or on issues related to children’s rights
- Experience of developing toolkits and guidelines for development programming, monitoring and evaluation.
- Understanding of issues related to tax justice, inclusive education and education financing.
Applications to email@example.com with the title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Research Coordinator Norad Projects by 4 March 2018
Due to the high volumes of recruitment we deal with, we can only correspond to short listed applicants. Should you not receive feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Thank you for your continued support to AAI’s values and your personal support to the Global Justice strategy.