Islamic Relief South Africa
Islamic Relief is an international relief and development organisation which strives to alleviate poverty around the world regardless of religion, race or religion. Islamic Relief South Africa is a country office of the Islamic Relief Worldwide family, which has offices in over 40 countries around the globe.
Islamic Relief seeks to appoint Two Events and Volunteer Coordinators, to be based in Durban and Johannesburg respectively.
Duration: three months Fixed Term, with the view to Permanent
Salary: R174 000 to R186 000 per annum
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the funding income of Islamic Relief through a range of events utilising your existing volunteer base and that created by yourself
- Create awareness and as a result, instigate, and support community activities and Islamic Relief. In order to raise money for the specified cause through volunteer groups to execute fundraising events on Islamic Relief’s behalf
- Form strategic relationships with volunteer groups who execute fundraising events on IRSA’s behalf, coordinate effective volunteer fundraising events, coordinate and organise regional fundraising events and manage pledge sessions at events
- Ensure that local fundraising events, activities (including outreach collections) run effectively and are well planned, marketed and supported
- Draw up and implement regional events plans with line managers according to agreed objectives and budgets
- Qualification and previous experience of events managements and public relations
- Understand fundraising techniques and the specific value, role and techniques utilised within events and volunteer coordinating within the NGO sector
- Ability to formulate own ideas and action plans
- Knowledge and understanding of the local region and community
- Willingness to be flexible about hours and location of work in order to accommodate events, functions and work activity
- Strong organisational skills i.e. ability to prioritise and plan work, set and achieve deadlines, establish and maintain monitoring systems etc
- Must be honest, reliable, service-oriented, resilient, self-motivated networker and have an aspiration of serving humanity with your talents
To apply, click www.islamic-relief.org.za to download the application form and submit completed application form and your CV along with a certified copy of your ID to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer and seeks individuals who agree with our Values, together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct.
Screening checks and references will be conducted on behalf of shortlisted candidates.
Islamic Relief will only accept applications from candidate who are eligible to work in SA.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Islamic Relief South Africa, refer to www.islamic-relief.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies